Roddenberry Podcasts

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by toonloon, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Esteban

Esteban Commander Red Shirt

Good, then, if your buddy is Ken, please pass along the praise I gave him several times. If it's the other guy, well, let's face it, playing straight man is tough.

If YOU want to be constructive, you can pass along my suggestions, which of course they are free to ignore, ridicule, deride, etc.

Nits? Sure. Think about it from the audience's point-of-view, though. It's the difference between, "hey, these guys really know their stuff", and "hey, these jokers are just in it for the laughs."

The difference also might be between "Subscribe" and "next...."

Nerds taking it too seriously? Do you mean like guys posting on forums about a 50-year-old TV show? Glass houses my friend: you've done it more times than I.

2. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

What suggestions?

You have yet to present anything worthy of constructive discourse. You're just blathering on about it as if you could do better after admitting you don't even listen to the shows. Why on earth would I waste my friends' time with your crap?

More importantly, why am I wasting my time with your crap?

3. Esteban

Esteban Commander Red Shirt

Hey, look at the bright side. If I keep replying to your rants, someday I may become a "Fleet Admiral" like you!

4. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

Enough.

5. toonloon

toonloon Captain Captain

"Get a life!" - you know who you are.

6. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

^
    Warning for trolling. When I say enough, I fucking mean it. Next time you need to get in the last word, log off and find something else to do.

7. doubleohfive

I just finished listening to the podcast for "Mudd's Women" which was released today. I am finding that I am enjoying these more and more as they go on-- John and Ken take a casual yet academic approach to the material, and there's a healthy dose of trivia included as well as analysis of the stories, acting, production values, and even taking in to consideration the whole element of "is it a product of it's era, or does it stand the test of time?"

Solidly impressed with each of these. Bring on "What Are Little Girls Made Of?" !

8. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

I like these podcasts. One thing they don't do is spend a lot of time recapping the plot minutia, which is a common problem with fan-made reviews. I don't care that they make the occasional small mistake. Hell, people here constantly type Checkov and Geordie and Deckard. I like that they talk about the themes of the show and if elements of the production stand the test of time, as I think those are more important than talking about if the phasers came from the right spot on the model.

9. doubleohfive

Has anyone else had a chance to listen to the podcast on "What Are Little Girls Made Of?" (released on Thursday) ?

I found it to be the best discussion so far, honestly. If you guys haven't been listening, it's a great one to start with!

I particularly liked the discussion about the differences between personhood and androids, what it means "to touch" and the question of quantifying what "touch" really means. Very thought provoking stuff, honestly.

10. Mytran

Mytran Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

These podcasts are fine - although the "facts" are indeed fairly mainstream, the discussions are interesting and worth a listen.
    The more opinions the better, I say!

11. doubleohfive

For those interested and who subscribe, Dagger of the Mind was released today.

Too, today at 4:30pm PST / 7:30pm EST, John and Ken will be interviewed by Pete Mele on Sirius XM radio on Sirius 107

12. Indysolo

Indysolo Commodore Commodore

Listening to it now.