Are many of you going to "spoil" yourselves next week?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by themadhatter, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Grant

Grant Commodore Commodore

You did say 'spoil' myself. because i might just do the other thing.

2. bryce

bryce Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And probably in the *title*!

And they won't think it's a spoiler, but it will say something in the title like: SPOILERS: KHAN'S FATE AT THE END

Or SPOILERS: SPOCK'S REPLACEMENT!

:brickwall:

There were a *lot* of those every time a Harry Potter movie came out. Stuff like: SPOILER WARNING: THE GUY WHO KILLED DUMBLEDORE!

3. milo bloom

milo bloom Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The varied and beautiful Chicagoland suburbs.
    I'm not sure. I may seek the guidance of the spoiled, such as, does the true identity of John Harrison make sense? If it's who we've suspected all along, I'll probably read a few spoilers so that I'm better prepared going into the theater.

If they say it's something completely unexpected then I'll try to stay clean.

4. crucifixion

crucifixion Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

This is exactly what's going to happen in a couple days. Some Aussie poster is going to jump on here and post something like that and it will be there for a couple hours before any Mods edit it.

I just want to know who it is but not know too much more than that, so I think I'll just visit the board on April 23 and read the thread titles and then I'll know. As long as I dont go into the threads, I'll be fine.

Then again, from April 23td to May is actually gonna be a long time since I've been visiting this and TM everyday about 5x a day for the past 6 months, so I think once I figure out who it is, I may actually go into the threads really quick just to kinda get an idea of how they laid it out.

If it was a matter of 1 or 2 days, then I can go blind and not visit these sites, but 7-14 days will be an eternity

5. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I'm a spoiler-whore. I know I won't be able to help myself.

Primarily, I just want to know who The Batch's character really is.

6. yenny

yenny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm spoil myself when STID comes in DVD and Blu-Ray.

7. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Much of it has already been spoiled by IDW's solicitations for their "After Darkness" 3-parter that supposedly picks up where the film ends. :rofl:

8. donners22

donners22 Commodore Commodore

No, I'm keeping off this forum and Reddit after Sunday. I already know more than I wanted to through trailers and the less I know about Trek movies or episodes, the more I seem to enjoy them.

I was actually offered a double-pass to the premiere in Sydney, but couldn't make it due to work commitments.

9. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

I sure will. I'll spoil myself silly.

10. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Does anyone know that time on the 23rd the premier is? Are they doing this during the day or is it supposed to be an evening affair?

11. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Ill try not to.

This will be the first time I ever bought pre-release tickets for a movie aside from the STNG theatrical events. The new IMAX theater here is still not completed (delayed opening since Oct!! It'll be the largest in the state!) , which sucks, so I'm settling for 3D for now.

RAMA

12. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I have some physical issues that make sitting ina movie theater very painful so I will wait for the DVD. I may go see it in the theater, I am not sure. But either way I am not sure if I want to be spoiled or not. Given the number of nerd message boards I am on it will be hard to escape spoilers!

13. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

The "I believe in you Jim" trailer? That's the one that reversed my feeling from I'll see it a few weeks after it comes out, to gotta' be opening weekend.

If only for the penultimate scene where Kirk (probably) take arrogant John-boy down.

:)

14. Gsam

Gsam Lieutenant Red Shirt

T'Girl I'm with you..the "I believe in you Jim" trailer seals the deal for me...

15. donners22

donners22 Commodore Commodore

Would it be bearable if you could take a few breaks? Perhaps if you know someone who will see it early they can tell you opportune moments to sneak out for a few minutes.

16. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

That may be possible. I may try that thanks!

17. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I'm hoping that Star Trek: The Video Game and The Next Generation season three on Blu-ray will keep me occupied enough to keep me off of this particular sub-forum.

18. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I know I won't be seeing the new film in theaters due to vision problems, so I will not avoid spoilers. I didn't see Star Trek 2009 until last year, but I already knew the story and had read all the background info. Lots of stuff I didn't agree with, but it's just another interpretation of Trek.

19. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Although there is a certain symmetry to Pike telling him his arrogance can get his crew killed to the part of the trailer where Kirk meets a big ship that could do just that and he says sorry, i guess I'm just sick of all these Star Trek films where the Enterprise comes up against a ridiculously huge ship. this one in particular looks ridiculous. why would Starfleet build such a ship?

Bigger does not mean better. The Reliant was smaller than the enterprise.. but good writing made it a huge challenge...

20. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He played a Japanese man on Hawaii Five-0, and a Native American on Bonanza (Madlyn Rhue even played his wife in the ep).