OT: New Interview with Aaron Rosenberg

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Defcon, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My interview with Corps of Engineers alumnus Aaron Rosenberg is now online over at Unreality SF.

In it we talk about his recent Eureka tie-in novels Substitution Method and Road Less Traveled, his contributions to the original Scattered Earth series and more.

You can read the full interview here.

P.S.: Thanks to Rosalind and LightningStorm for allowing me to post the information here despite the lack of Star Trek content in the interview. :)

2. BrotherBenny

BrotherBenny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He's a Star Trek writer (or has been), so it should count. Look at KRAD, Dave Mack, Dayton Ward and Chris Bennett (and others) having their OT threads about their original fiction.

3. Defcon

I asked Rosalind and LightningStorm in advance and they gave their O.K., I just wanted to thank them for that. :)

4. BrotherBenny

BrotherBenny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Great interview.

5. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Nice interview! I'm looking forward to seeing Aaron at Shore Leave in a few weeks.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Really enjoyed the interview, thanks for sharing. It did make me raise the Arron's Eureka novels quite a bit in my reading schedule, and it also reminded me to add Birth or the Dread Remora to my wishlist.

7. Defcon

Thanks for the compliments. :)

While it's fun and refreshing to have these non-Star Trek interviews once in a while, I think the next few will be Star Trek-related again, it's just where I feel the most comfortable.

While I have some tentative plans for the next few months, those are not set in stone, so any requests? No guarantees that those will happen, but I would take your requests under consideration.

8. Greg Cox

Well, it's not exactly Trek, but I do know about this Warehouse 13 book coming out any day now . . . :)

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Did you have anything planned for the release of Rise Like Lions, or Cast No Shadow?

10. Defcon

Those two definitely crossed my mind, yes.

Although with the huge number of David Mack releases announced and the intention to not interview anyone (individually) more than once a year, when I'll approach him for another interview depends a bit on when we learn more about his projects beyond Rise Like Lions.

11. Lorraine Anderson

Lorraine Anderson Writer Red Shirt

Got it today.

12. Defcon

I definitely plan to read A Touch of Fever after I've read Declassified. (Both have the same release date for the Kindle. :scream:)

BTW: I'm currently working on writing down a first draft of an interview with Greg. :mallory:

13. Greg Cox

And a very comprehensive interview it was!

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Are you reviewing them?

15. Defcon

Yes, somewhere down the line.

It's sad how far I'm behind on my reviewing due to barely having the time to do anything during the week due to work, and trying to relax over the weekends.

Just to give you an idea: There are seven Star Trek books I still have to review, 2 Doctor Who novels and 1 Eureka novel.

At least I've learned from the past and have wrote down bare bone reviews in bullet point form about the books, so that it's easier to write proper reviews even some time after I've read them, but I really have to step up my game in that regard. :sigh:

16. Greg Cox

Glad to hear it! I'll be curious to hear what people think of it.

17. Defcon

FYI: Greg has just green-lit the interview a few hours ago, so it should be put on the site over the course of the weekend.

As Greg hinted at above we talked about a lot of topics ( his Warehouse 13 novel, his upcoming TOS novel and his canceled "New Timeline" novel among other things), so I hope it'll be as interesting for your reading it as it was for me conducting/writing it. :)