TV Ratings Catch Up (9th-13th)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Jax, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Sorry I have not put up any ratings this week so I will do Monday to thursday in one thread...

MODAY...
    -Total Viewers:
    ABC: 15.33 million, CBS: 11.89, Fox: 10.13, NBC: 4.90, CW: 2.49

-Adults 18-49:
    Fox: 4.0 rating/10 share, CBS: 3.9/10, ABC: 3.2/8, NBC: 1.8/4, CW: 1.2/3

ABC

CBS

FOX

NBC

CW

2. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

TUESDAY...
    -Total Viewers:
    CBS: 16.43 million, ABC: 11.89, NBC: 8.30, Fox: 5.72, CW: 1.76

-Adults 18-49:
    CBS: 3.5 rating/9 share, ABC: 3.2/8, NBC: 3.1/8, Fox: 2.3/6, CW: 0.9/2

CBS

ABC

NBC

FOX

CW

3. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

V will be toast, glad I'm not watching.

4. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Final numbers:

Heroes (NBC) - 5.26 million viewers (3.3/5 HH and 2.3/6 A18-49). After four episodes in a row with an audience increase this is a dip down to a new series low.

V (ABC) - 10.699 million viewers (6.7/10 HH and 3.8/9 A18-49). A drop of 25% in overall viewers and 27% in the demo from its pilot episode. 3.8 is still a good number, but obviously its chances of renewal depend on where it finds its floor and stabilizes.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  5. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

Melrose Place still not doing to well, im sure the CW are looking for it to do at least as well as 90210

then again How I Met Your Mother isnt doing great compared to TBBT or 2.5 Men, same goes for Accidentally on Purpose, both lost out to Dancing with the Star I suspect.

6. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

V is not toast. 10 million is pretty good. And ,more importantly, a friend of mine who works at ABC local affilliate here in San Diego told me that V will be back next fall after its spring run. Yeah, could be a rumor, but I think it will come back. You just watch..it will end on a cliffhanger in May, and it will spike in the ratings, and that will give it cred to come back.

Rob

7. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

It's not a rumour your friend is wrong. There is no chance ABC would renew a show for next year after 1-2 episodes, more so when it's come out that production of the show has been shut down.

Invasion ended in a cliffhanger, so did Odyssey 5, that really helped the shows come back. :rolleyes:

Also did anyone watch So you think you can dance last night? Nigel was a mega ass! Jesus Christ his boyfriend or something must have broken up with him because he was a horrible whiny bastard who deserved to get smacked.

8. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

I've never understood this. How will a cliffhanger spike the ratings? You have to be watching the episode in order to see the cliffhanger.

9. Othello

Othello Commodore Commodore

Yeah.. Nigel was most definitely an ass.

10. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Due to ABC's dumbass idea we probably won't get to see V's true audience since 5 episodes this fall is not enough to judge a show on. Unless ABC does some dam good PR I still think come spring V will sink because of the gap.

Lie To Me looks secure with decent viewer total and a solid demo to boot (3.0) but its not the right lead out for House next fall. CW or not, Melrose Place is a goner with those numbers.

Accidentally on Purpose is a strange one because its compatible with HIMYM but still only gets a 3.0 demo and CBS monday night comedies are normally higher than that. I will say because its CBS that if the numbers don't go up then it will be axed and then CBS maybe will just put RoE on for a 22 full season for once.

11. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

did ABC renew Shark Tank?

12. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

ABC have ordered more Shark Tank but don't ask me on airdates ;)

13. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

ok no problem

14. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

WEDNESDAY...
    -Total Viewers:
    ABC: 16.85 million, CBS: 11.27, NBC: 6.72, Fox: 6.45, CW: 2.20

-Adults 18-49:
    ABC: 5.2 rating/14 share, CBS: 3.1/8, Fox: 2.7/7, NBC: 2.0/5, CW: 1.0/3

ABC

CBS

NBC

FOX

CW

15. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

My friend at local ABC affiliate is well, pretty well informed. V will come back next fall; or so that is what the rumor is. Despite what it does this spring.

Rob

16. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

THURSDAY...
    -Total Viewers:
    CBS: 15.22 million, ABC: 10.97, Fox: 7.86, NBC: 5.44, CW: 3.54

-Adults 18-49:
    ABC: 4.0 rating/10 share, CBS: 3.8/10, Fox: 2.5/7, NBC: 2.4/6, CW: 1.7/4

CBS

ABC

FOX

NBC

CW

17. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

not great numbers for Flashforward, got beat by House in both ratings & demo.

18. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

It's funny; Bones gets much higher ratings than Fringe yet the demos aren't nearly as different between them.

19. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Final numbers:

FlashForward (ABC) - 8.283 million viewers (5.3/8 HH and 2.6/7 A18-49). Once again that's a new series low. If it stays at this level it'll be on the bubble for renewal. If it continues to drop it'll be cancelled.

Fringe (Fox) - 5.914 million viewers (3.6/6 HH and 2.2/6 A18-49). I guess all the DVR problems did affect its ratings last week since this is a good recovery. In fact these are its third best numbers of the season to date (after the premiere episode and episode three).

Supernatural (CW) - 2.686 million viewers (1.7/3 HH and 1.3/3 A18-49). Up from 2.645 million viewers and 1.2 in the demo the week before.

The Vampire Diaries (CW) - 4.104 million viewers (2.5/4 HH and 1.9/5 A18-49). Up from 4.09 million viewers the week before and flat in the demo.

20. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

NBC must look over its shoulders in dread at the The Vampire Diaries, nobody is more surprised than me to see that its a hit, granted its only really that one timeslot, but theCW is starting to make NBC look bad (well even worse than it already did)

I think whoever picked up The Vampire Diaries for theCW should be in charge of theCW from now on.

flashforward 3 in the time slot and 3 in the demo, Flashfoward is very much on the bubble for a second series, and its not like Heroes, its not on a network that is struggling for hits.

for all that massive global hype and record international sales, Flashforward maybe done in 1, alot of TV channels are going to get there fingers burnt.