New Build, USS Vengeance from Star Trek XII

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by MadMan1701A, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Mycroft Maxwell

Mycroft Maxwell Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yeah I can't blame you there. Doesn't look good. Besides, who would put a mirror on the hull of a starship, risk it getting broke and getting 7 years bad luck? Last place you need bad luck is a starship, especially if you're a redshirt.

It would look like a starship from star trek online. Hey if you have Blender, its easy to do. Once he releases the mesh, you can always change the colors of the surface. Thats coming from someone who sucks at meshing in blender. ^_^; One day I will learn...in the future....distant future.

2. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Is the Hot Wheels version have the highest nacelle placement? It looks very swan-like from all angles--not at all what I was expecting...

3. MadMan1701A

MadMan1701A Commodore Premium Member

Thanks guys. :) I do plan on doing a 3 nacelle Dreadnought version, and a traditional looking one done up as the Excelsior, NX-2000.

So, my first wallpaper with this sucks. :) They specular maps didn't show up at all, and the lighting was no good. So...

[​IMG]

1920x1080:
    http://madshipyard.com/WIP/STXII/Veng/Vengeance2_HD.jpg

Much better, I think. :)

Pubilusr, I think you are right about the Hotwheels model... I really like the swan-like look that you noticed. :)

Orthos and stuff later...

-Ricky

4. Mycroft Maxwell

Mycroft Maxwell Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Wow, now that looks much much better. Did you switch the surface to phong or is that still lambert? Doesn't look like the same surface.

5. largo

largo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

i dunno, i like the matte finish of the first one.

also, in the second image, jupiter and the vengeance are more obviously lit from completely different sides. nothing wrong with local lighting, but its weirding me out.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  6. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

Looks great!

7. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

A version with NCC-1701-A would be sexy too. ;)

Looks fucking fantastic though! Absolutely amazing!

8. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

There's some early concept art showing how they originally planned to make an open-plan bridge at the top of the central "tower" structure. I guess it's a holdover from that, before they decided to just paint the Enterprise bridge black.
    Fuckin' awesome!:techman::)

9. poserverse

poserverse Ensign Newbie

Looking at the concept art, wonder why no one has modeled the Bridge interior? That is something I could use in my 3d art.

10. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

I'm glad they didn't do that first one - too much like the Emperor's throne room in Return of the Jedi - almost a direct rip-off, actually.

I think what they eventually came up with is fine. Wouldn't be the first time the Enterprise bridge set was redressed for the adversary ship in the same movie - makes perfect financial sense, so long as it looks just different enough. In fact, one more of the many parallels between this movie and Wrath of Khan.

11. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Except they did a much better job of redressing the bridge set in Into Darkness. I always laugh a little when they're on the Reliant bridge and you can see the Enterprise secondary hull schematic. :lol:

12. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Heh...yeah, I gather that perhaps those scenes might have been shot before Reliant's external design was finalized and the set dressing folks didn't have much to work with other than vague ambiguities and raw imagination. Then again, a fairly accurate top view can be seen on the shield status console at the weapons station so...

I dunno... :shrug:

13. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I'm figuring it was just a goof, but still funny. :techman:

14. 1701TPA

1701TPA Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

OUTSTANDING DESIGN WORK RICKY :techman: :techman: :techman: :techman: :techman: :drool:

15. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Me wants orthos!

16. MadMan1701A

MadMan1701A Commodore Premium Member

Thanks guys. :)

Orthos coming soon... real life interceded. :)

-Ricky

17. Cforrest

Cforrest Cadet Newbie

could you post a download for this on your website? Nice work as always Madman.

18. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

Gorgeous work, Ricky! Simply gorgeous! :)

19. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

The texture is actually warmer and more inviting than what we saw on screen--as if this were Pine's new ride.

20. Ranasaad

Ranasaad Cadet Newbie

I have a problem with the scale of this ship and the Enterprise (Alt). First, the alternate universe might have resulted in a different course (primarily justifying different actors in those roles and maintaining a kind of validity), but it does not justify the Enterprise in the alternate universe being 100x larger than the one in the old universe. It gives the impression that the universe is just made up, because we always have to 1-up ourselves from the previous movie in the most simplest male-competition way of making each new "design" bigger than the last even though we are going back in time. The Vengeance, in the alternate trek time would be coming out well-before the Excelsior and should therefore be smaller than it...or possibly equal to its mass, but not more. I think its more compelling to make it maybe 50% bigger than the Enterprise or possibly double, but certainly smaller than Excelsior. The Enterprise (alt) should be the same length as the original Enterprise.