Mortal Kombat: Legacy Episode 1 is Online!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

The characters announced are the ones participating in the tournament. That doesn't mean the characters who were in season one, won't be in season two.

2. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

That was a funny trailer. I think Baraka in the kitchen drawer with the other knives was the highlight. :D

3. Admiral_Young

My favourite bit of it was the Jax figure bopping up and down lol.

4. Admiral_Young

Thread resurrection! I don't feel like making a season two thread, we might as well just continue on with this one. The teaser trailer for season two will be released on Machinama this Sunday and at the "Streamy Awards". For those that don't know...here is the second season cast:

-Harry Shum Jr as Kuai Liang (Sub-Zero's brother)
    -Casper Van Dien replaces Matt Mullen as Johnny Cage
    -Brian Tee as Lui Kang
    -Mark Dacascos (most might know him as the "Chairman" of Kitchen Stadium in "Iron Chef America) as Kung Lao
    -Ian Anthony Dale as Scorpion
    -Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa as Shang Tsung (reprising his role from the first feature film, but unrelated to this continuity)
    -Eric Jacobus replaces Tahmoh Penikett as Stryker
    -Michelle Lee replaces Jolene Tran as Mileena

Jeri Ryan, Michael Jai White, and Darren Shahlavi as Kano will not be returning. Don't know if Ryan or White's roles as Sonja Blade and Col. Jax will be replaced. Ryan Robbins was replaced by David Lee McInnis as Raiden.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Damn, I was hoping more of the first season cast would return. Is Ian Anthony Dale the only person coming back?

6. Admiral_Young

It looks like that. Kind of surprised with the cast turnover myself...but remember that some of the actors appeared as "favours" for Kevin, especially Ryan who is friends with him I believe. White of course I believe is supposed to be in the feature film so that might be why he's not back.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is Tanchaeron's movie still happening? I'm not a big MK fan (my only experience with the franchise is Leagcy and a demo for the last game), so I hadn't been following it real closely, but I had just assumed that we were getting Legacy instead of the movie.

8. Admiral_Young

Far as I know it's still happening. Last time I checked it was still in the script stage.

9. Admiral_Young

10. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa is actually getting old enough now for Shang Tsung.

11. Admiral_Young

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nice.
    Just out of curiosity, how accurate of a representation of the games is Legacy? I've never played any of them before.

13. Admiral_Young

Well this is supposed to be based on the reboot of the series that came out in '11 I think so I have no idea.