Star Trek London - All 5 captains to be there!

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by The Janitor, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carnosoul

carnosoul Ensign Newbie

Civil Service Live
    Venue: Olympia National Hall
    Dates: 03-05 July 2012

Imbibe Live 2012
    Venue: Olympia Grand Hall
    Dates: 03-04 July 2012

As London Film And Comic Con is in the Olympia Grand Hall from 6th July, what's the problem?

2. Steve1960

Steve1960 Ensign Newbie

I've just ordered three tickets for this convention and they cost 29 pound each. I don't hold out any hope of meeting a captain I just want to be there and see some props and sets. And keep the dream of star trek alive.

3. Steve1960

Steve1960 Ensign Newbie

The convention is at the excel centre in london

4. Cakemonster

Cakemonster Ensign Red Shirt

Why is it that you were unable to answer a simple question directed at you on the previous page, yet you are able to come back on this thread to attack again and spread malice :( I remember the three or more times that you pointed this out on another forum and all of the events went ahead ...

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  5. nacelle

nacelle Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Ive said the problem in my post.
    It doesnt give the other show time to move out and LFCC to set up for the next day! The final day of civil service live is the 5th. LFCC is supposed to start on the 6th.
    Do you have any idea how much time it takes to set things up and takes things down for an event?
    Edited: ok didnt notice the two different halls. But it still doesnt really give the other show time to move out of the grand hall and LFCC to move in.
    Point is they haven't booked the hall. If they had it would be on the olympia/earls court site. They shouldn't be advertising an event if they haven't booked the venue for it. If someone else comes along and books those date for whatever venue then they are going to be screwed. Just because it hasn't happened before doesn't mean that it won't happen in the future.
    I dont know why the're moving it to olympia anyway. The parking around there is terrible. At least theres decent parking at earls court.

6. Cakemonster

The event will have to move out of that hall the day it finishes, as otherwise the organisers would have to pay for an additional day of hire, which would cost thousands of pounds :)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  7. carnosoul

carnosoul Ensign Newbie

From attending a previous LFCC event as a dealer, I can confirm that they 'set up' the day before it starts, and everything is moved out the day it finishes.

So what is said above is correct - all events are out by the end of their final day. The timeline works FINE.

8. Cakemonster

Photoshoot tickets now on sale :)

9. Admiral Bear

Admiral Bear Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Star Trek London still not listed on the Excel event calendar. Come on, MCM! Move Expo forward a week! :guffaw:

10. Cakemonster

From my knowledge you've not been to an event in years, so why would you want expo to be brought forward? I think that you just want to shove a spanner into the works :rolleyes:. Not trying to be funny, but you're just on here to try and crumble the reputation of event organisers. It doesn't even matter who the organisers are, as I've seen it all from you before. It's all quite petty if I do say so. If you're not interested why don't you just not post :confused: I think your time would be better spent elsewhere if I'm honest.

11. Admiral Bear

To quote Wesley Snipes, Don't you people have humour anymore?

Besides, since you seem to know so much, what was the last event I went to? Come on, I'm waiting.

Shamasters doesn't need me to crumble its reputation. Joiner's been doing that very well on his own for years. It's reputation is now almost as bad as Joiner's has been for the last 20 years. I suggest you spend some quality time on Google to see what people outside of his propaganda machine think of him and what they've accused him of over the last couple of decades. Would you like some direct links? I have them all bookmarked.

If Star Trek London isn't going to be run properly by him in as much as he can't even get the advertised venue booked, then I shall be very happy to try and, to use your words, crumble his reputation by making basic factual observations.

12. Sagart

Sagart Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Just out of curiosity Bear, what shows do you go to?

13. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd like the links please, I've heard some very interesting stories about $howmasters/Massive Events over the years. Probably best you send by PM though.

Incidentally - I heard this years ago, so no idea if true or not - but they wouldn't be allowed to use the Excel centre usually, MCM have some sort of veto. Same with Birmingham NEC. Instead Jason tried to hold an event on the same weekend in the hotel opposite there a few years ago! It's only because this other company is doing the Trek event, Jason is just providing the guests that this can go ahead.

Strangly he promotes this as a bold step forward for the company, forgetting he was in exactly the same position for Star Wars Celebration Europe back in 2007. Same venue and all. But he got cold feet and pulled out, leaving Lucasfilm to run a very successful weekend on their own.

Jason does do some good events. He just doesn't like anyone doing them too.

If you want a minor example of them being less than 100% honest, just look up the Jeri Ryan thread on their forum. The one that still says 1st time UK appearance, despite the fact they announced her just after Greatest Show got her.

It's been pointed out on several occasions, stranglely they get deleled.

Its also the only time they've ever presold autographs for an event (normally you take your chance on the day)

Its almost as if they wanted people to commit money to her at the comic con before they'd find out she was doing another event.

All I know is, you'd feel a little miffed if she pulled out of the second event, leaving you knowing you could have got her at the former had you been told about it.

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  14. Cakemonster

The part about your last event was taken from the RedCarpet forum, as i've been a member on there a few years (* not been a member there for years but used to browse, became a member once the posts were locked from public), and i seem to recall you saying at some point either last year or earlier this year that you've not been to an event since somewhere around 2006? (sorry if year is wrong, it was a while back that i read the post).
    But i've been on the Showmasters forum for a very long time and I remember the light hearted posts you used to make and how you used to always be pleasant. I was away from the forums for a while so i missed the point where you got banned, but i was there for a lot of your rantings over various organisers on redcarpet. Including 'Sean the Shite' and Showmasters.

If you do insist on links, i would like to have them pm'd to me, however i can't send pms as i have not reached the 50 post count.

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  15. DuckBill

DuckBill Cadet Newbie

Deleted (see below) - sorry, I didn't realise that quoting from another forum was breaking the board rules. Rule makes sense, though.

16. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Cakemonster and DuckBill, don't bring stuff from other forums in here. This is against the board rules. Please see the part of the FAQ about privacy for more. This is relatively harmless and I think Admiral Bear has already stated these things in here somewhere. However, don't do it again or there will be infractions.

17. DuckBill

DuckBill Cadet Newbie

My apologies.

18. Cakemonster

Sorry about that. I only pop on here to check that it's updated but I do get a little out of sorts when I see some posts. I assure you I will only post updates and chat from now on :)

19. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Just read the FAQ and try to follow it and you're good. :)

20. Admiral Bear

For those of you interested, type "Jason Joiner star wars fake" in to google. Most of the meaty stuff is on Star Wars collectors forums. You will find very little dirt on Showmasters because Joiner's contantly googling himself and trolls any external forum where he or Shamasters are criticised, with the aim of getting the criticism removed or at least rubbished by members of his propoganda machine.

If all Shamasters are doing with Trek London is getting the guests, that should be enough of a worry in itself. Given that he twice *tried* to run Warp 10, eventually giving the excuse of not being able to get guests as the reason for cancelling the event, if we are to believe that he had the financial resources and best intention to run the event in the first place, his ability to attract anyone of worth from the Trek universe has been severely destroyed by his own excuses. Yet we are meant to believe that he's aquired the services of all 5 series Trek Captains for 3 days straight.

As a side point, there are rumours flying around that Joiner was thrown out of Greatest Show in the Galaxy at the weekend after kicking up a load of trouble. Wasn't there, so can't comment. Like I said earlier, he doesn't need anyone but himself to destroy his reputation.

Last edited: May 14, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.