MLP:FiM S4E4 - "Daring Don't" - Grade & Discuss

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Amaris, Dec 6, 2013.

?

Grade & Discuss

Poll closed Dec 13, 2013.
  1. A

50.0%
  2. B

30.0%
  3. C

20.0%
  4. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A

I thought it was a fun EP. A.K. Yearling also being Daring Do was cool...only in Equestria! :D

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought it lacked wit and some of the dialog went on a bit long with nothing going for it.

Of course there were quite a few small nice sweet moments.

3. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it had a fair few glaring problems. I just loved it for having such a good Rainbow Dash focused episode for the first time in quite a long while.

But damn, the stalker face and DashDo shipping have exploded this morning.

4. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

5. Saito S

Saito S Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Did I never comment on this one? Wut the hay? I thought I posted in here but obviously not.

Well, it's a little late, but I liked it. It had some flaws, and I agree with some of you about what those flaws were, but I dunno... they seemed more like moderate head-scratchers to me than anything crippling, and I was just having too much fun watching the ep to care all that much. Especially the problem of Daring not recognizing the (former) element bearers or, in particular, Twilight. Not only has this come up before (Sweet & Elite), but also, if anypony could be believably THAT out of the loop, it'd be Daring Do. She obviously doesn't have much contact with society at large, both by choice and due to her "profession".

And man, there was just so much to love in this episode! From the fangirling moments, to the part near the end when RD and DD actually do finally work together, to some amazing Dashie facial expressions. :D Also the very idea of seeing Daring Do in the flesh, which I find delightful.

One of the best parts of the episode was when Twilight and Rainbow wrangle over what to do next by having a Daring Do Series Nerd-Off. :lol:

Overall, I'd say an A- from me. Not as good as the opener or Castle-mane-ia, but still an excellent episode.

6. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

I'm sick of people complaining about Twilight not doing royal things right away.

Cadance was turned into an Alicorn in her early teens and didn't become leader of the Crystal Empire, or do much of anything but baby sitting and travelling, until her late 20's/early 30's.

Celestia's planning on having Twilight's path take years, slowly building her up to be another Alicorn leader for Equestria, since none are needed right now, it's not like there's anything for her to do.

And being with her friends is exactly what this has always been about, keeping her with them serves the purpose of building her up.

Sheesh. Not been watching the show or something?

7. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

That's a good point, Chem. Maybe Celestia learned from her and Luna's experience and put the ascended alicorns on a gradual path to leadership.