Terrific,G4 was gutted...for nothing!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by cylkoth, Sep 9, 2013.

1. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

NBC Universal Cable, which had plans to rebrand G4 after firing on air talent and network personnel, as the Esquire Network, has decided not to transform G4 but instead, one of it's other cable channels Style.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/nbcu-switch-up-esquire-network-624127

So G4-what's left of it, will remain as it is for the moment. We can delight in the constant American Ninja Warrior marathons for the forseeable future. Maybe they're resurrect TechTV!! [sarcasm] :rolleyes:

2. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Hardwick has BBC America in Talking Bad/dead.

I miss the old line ups.

Loved Attack of the Show.

3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

:guffaw:

As God as my witness, I told my wife when they failed to launch in June that G4 would never become the Esquire network.

4. Pilot Ace

Pilot Ace Captain Captain

Ugh, I miss TechTV.

G4 was garbage from the first day.

5. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Pretty much, although there was a redeeming feature in the Canadian version of the channel as we got a new version of Call for Help, and then a successor show. Other than that, I felt it was a pretty crass network that would do or say anything just to get attention. Guess now it's on life-support until the network decides what to do with it.

Spike in comparison seems more intelligent, at least with their game-centric programming. And last time I watched Spike, I was surprised to see Adam Sessler there during their E3 coverage. Had to do a double-take.

6. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

The G4 diaspora continues I see.

7. jayceee

jayceee Commander Red Shirt

Spike seemed to turn into junk too over the years.

It seems like most of their shows these days is stuff like: various tattoo shows, bar rescue, COPS, etc ... :scream:

8. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

As I said, the gaming content. If you compare for example G4's E3 broadcasts done over the years with Spike's E3 broadcasts, Spike's GameTrailers content is much more mature and more or less about the facts as they come in, and also in the way they conduct interviews. G4's broadcasts on the other hand has always seemed like they were all about making noise, being loud and obnoxious and talking down to its viewers, and trying to get all the attention on them rather than the content. It always seemed like "Hey man, I'm so badass! I'm so "kewl", right? Yeah, screw the content!"

As for Spike's other content, I agree with you. I could do without it. The ironic thing is, TechTV began life as ZDTV, a trademark that CBS now own which also own Spike. A lot of on-air talent has migrated over to Spike, and if CBS wanted to, they could revive the ZDTV brand with a new TV show aired on Spike.