Was Clara The Woman in White?

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by All-Seeing I, Jul 20, 2013.

1. All-Seeing I

All-Seeing I Commander Red Shirt

The mysterious Woman in White, who appeared in The End of Time to warn Wilf, and the disgraced figure who stood at Rassilon's side; Russell T Davies claimed it was the Doctor's mother, fans speculated that it was either Romana or Susan. But now we know that a splinter of Clara existed as a Gallifreyan (advising the 1st Doctor on which TARDIS to steal), so perhaps in some future incarnation, she was still trying to help the Doctor even then?

2. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I thought fandom mutually agreed to pretend that The End of Time never happened? Like that half-human thing, or the sexual assault allegations against JNT.

3. MickJo1701

MickJo1701 Commander Red Shirt

Its an interesting thought, but as its been pointed out in the past, much to the chagrin of some fans, Moffat doesn't look back to series 1-4 all that much (with bloody good reason imo).

Its similar to the speculation that David Tennant's character in the 50th could be the metacrisis Doctor... which it wont be, in fact we should never speak the word 'metacrisis' again... ever.

4. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Problem is when the Doctor saw the Woman in The End of Time he recognized her, but when he met Clara in The Snowmen he didn't recognize her. Which kind of rules out they could be the same. Really doesn't make a whole lot of sense that in The End of Time the Doctor could remember that random girl who lifetimes earlier told him which TARDIS to steal and then forgot all about her years later in The Snowmen.

Definitely not the metacrisis Doctor in the 50th since photos show Tennant wearing the brown suit.

5. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

^ What, the metacrisis Doctor can't buy a new suit? Pete's World has to have tailors (or at least Tylers).

6. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

is the Jim in your name short for Jimmy?

7. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I choose to believe it was his mother.

8. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

Since it's highly unlikely at this point we'll see Carole Ann Ford on-screen in Doctor Who ever again (I mean, if they're not using her in the 50th anniversary special of all places...), then to me the Woman in White is Susan. If the powers-that-be were ever gonna produce a regenerated version of her, or tie up her dangling plotline in any way, they'd have done it by now - and The End of Time, from all appearances, provides both in an understated way.

9. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

RTD says it's open to your interpretation, but he considers her his mother (and he wrote it).

10. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

No, but you should research what the word "Caps" on the "Caps Lock" key is short for, then proceed to use it more.

11. EliyahuQeoni

EliyahuQeoni Commodore Commodore

Redmond, Oregon, United States of America
    Why would anybody want to ignore it? I thought it was a great two-parter and an epic send off for the 10th Doctor.

12. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Because most people don't like that 10 died. I literally have friends who has skipped the 10 specials after series 4 and jumped right into series 5 with Matt Smith. All to avoid the reality of Tennant no longer being the Doctor.

13. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

Or just to avoid dealing with the most drawn-out, tearjerking, over-melodramatic regeneration episode ever...

14. Phily B

Phily B Commodore Commodore

That is really sad.

15. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

LOL, that might work, aside from the fact that 11 is now the Doctor in Series 5, and 10 must have died to put 11 there, so reality didn't change :guffaw:

16. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Really really sad.

17. knine

knine Captain Captain

*Chuckle*

Oh internet.....