The Star Trek Into Darkness teaser trailer is here!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by SalvorHardin, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

They're coffins

2. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Possible spoilers

So it now appears that they've constructed a very extreme ALTERNATE history Space Seed, Khan is probably not even a major player, but "Augments" are, and a splinter group from Starfleet or the UFP (Weller) is cooperating or using them for their own purposes. Orci loves conspiracies. Harrison is an Augment--a canon character in the sense he is from Khan's group--that makes it into Starfleet or is put in that position from insiders..he wants revenge for perhaps, the death of Khan or others of his kind.

Speculation: Is Pike killed by other factions of Starfleet?

RAMA

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Where did you get this information?

Is this just guesswork based on all the cumulative speculation?

4. Paper Moon

Paper Moon Commander Red Shirt

That's what I thought, too, at first. But the things in the trailer have faceplates. Usually, coffins don't allow you to look in at the dead bodies.

5. ralph

ralph Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Khan? Montalban in CGI like Kevin Flynn in Tron 2? Unlikely

6. Vektor

Vektor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The wall beyond the open doorway looks a little like brick or stone, though it might just be an interesting wall pattern. Regardless, this room may not be aboard the Botany Bay. One of my own theories for the plot of this movie is that someone else, possible Admiral Marcus, found the Botany Bay in this timeline and brought some or all of the sleepers back to Earth without awakening them instead of turning them loose on Ceti Alpha V. This could be some storage room on sub level 28 under Starfleet Headquarters.

7. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I've been having the same thought: the view through the doorway, though limited, suggests a ground-based facility rather than shipboard.

8. Bengoshi2000

Bengoshi2000 Ensign Red Shirt

Many Bothans died for it (and those that didn't were cryogenically frozen...)

Seriously though, my $$ is on JH being remnant of the "Eugenics Wars." It seems to be a logical guess based on the available information. Whether he's one of Khan's crew, or another remnant that remained on Earth is anyone's guess.

I would hope that JJ wouldn't do a TRON/Flynn/CGI version of Montalban for Khan. (I threw up in the back of my mouth a little bit just typing that out. :barf:)

9. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

I'd been saying that since it came out in the 2-minute trailer thread (I'm not even sure why this particular discussion ended up in here since it wasn't in this trailer). But something that I'm kinda wondering about is those hatches on the right. They're on an angled wall with the caution stripes around them. If they're in some sort of terrestrial building, then why would there be portals that go down into the ground? They look like escape pod hatches or something.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  10. ralph

ralph Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

One more speculation.

the scene of cryo containers could be a Star Fleet ground-based facility, rather than Botany Bay.
    Botany Bay meets Peter Weller's Ship, rather than Enterprise.
    Montalban makes an appearance as Khan in CGI. But he and his "family" die resulting in revenge for Harrison.

Oh my God, I´m bored. :ack:

11. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

Maybe they could get an actual indian actor from india to play khan next time. The Indian market is hard to crack for american movies but if we can get a famous indian actor to play as khan, we could gain a foothold in their market.

12. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Why not that guy who played Uncle Iroh in The Last Airbender? The one who looked like Indian Robert Carlyle?

13. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

Uncle Iroh was played by Shaun Toub who is actually an american of iranian jewish descent. Iranians and indians are distantly related, so maybe he can play as Khan. I was thinking more of cracking the Bollywood watching market and this guy came to mind, bollywood actor hrithik roshan. Just make him look older with make up and you get the genetically engineered Khan. But they need to screen test him first to see if his voice and accent is suitable.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If science would work a little harder maybe we could get a real product of selective-breeding and genetic engineering to play Khan.:p

15. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

An actor from the former Soviet Union then.

16. thumbtack

thumbtack Commodore Commodore

Khan has already been cast. Early buzz says the actor in question absolutely nailed it.

17. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

Would Roshan's extra thumb be an "augment" enhancement

18. cooleddie74

In certain corners of West Virginia it's certainly a "cousin' lovin' " enhancement.

19. Shilliam Watner

Shilliam Watner Commander

It does look like the back of Khan. Also check out his 'Benny Hinn' white Indian clothes he is wearing.

20. cooleddie74

Meh, if Khan ends up being in the film then he's in the film.

I'd prefer if he weren't and any Augments from the Eugenics Wars be other people, but I can live with Khan if the story kicks serious ass.

A wonderful film trumps the identities of some of the characters and always will no matter how much geekpicking (I'm trademarking that so hands off, punks) I and others like to do. :)