‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Superman vs. Batman is beyond cheesy. I hope they have better instincts than to name it that. It won't attract mainstream fans; that's for sure.

2. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think it's the best title they could use, but I think they'll use it because of how straightforward and punchy it is. It would attract mainstream fans just fine.

3. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Same here. And despite the popularity of the Nolan movies, I actually don't think audiences will have that much of a problem adjusting to a new Batman actor.

The character is cool enough and strong enough to stand on his own, pretty much.

4. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

I wonder if they'll dust off the Weta designs for Batman from Justice League: Mortal and go for the very high tech look Weta reportedly came up with.

5. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Bruce invites Clark and Lois to his bachelor pad in...Two Guys, a Girl, and a Batcave.

6. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

And then Nathan Fillion drops by as Green Lantern.

7. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

To me, Batman is the American Bond. You can recast him as often as necessary and, as long as the casting is good, audiences accept that there is a new actor.

8. Cartoonist

Cartoonist Captain Captain

In MoS, Superman kills Zod and then cries out in devastation over what he had to do. Christopher Reeves' Superman gleefully - and unnecessarily - killed a defenseless Zod at the end of Superman II. Did that bother you?

9. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Don't, just don't get Kirk55555 started. :rolleyes:

10. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Superman threw Zod against a wall, and he fell. We don't know if Zod was actually killed or not.

11. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Man of Steel 2: Gotham Boogaloo

12. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Since we don't hear them hit the bottom and they seem to fall quite a distance, I guess the alternative is that they survived the fall and Superman left them to die slowly from internal injuries while laughing and joking with Lois (and I guess with his super-hearing, he took a sick thrill from listening to their bones grind).

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  13. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

They don't.

14. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Seriously. Ever since MOS came out I keep hearing this line that Superman killed Zod in Superman II and still shocks me every time it comes up. I never, EVER thought or believed for a single second that Supes left them to die and rot at the bottom of that pit any more than I thought he left Luthor there to freeze. And we know that that wasn't the film makers intent because they filmed a scene with Zod and Co. being taken into custody that was only cut for time and pacing reasons.

15. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Now I'm thinking of the Mufasta scene from Austin Powers.

16. Cartoonist

They included the scene where Superman delivers Luthor (and ONLY Luthor) to jail. Whether they cut a Zod-in-custody scene for timing or for content, the fact remains they cut it, leaving the distinct impression that Luthor was the only one left alive to be taken into custody. Even the Richard Donner cut deletes the scene showing them alive, which leaves us to think he threw Zod to an icy death in that pit that's so deep we don't ever hear him hit bottom.

He also killed them in the comics, after the pocket universe Zod massacred the population on Superboy's Earth (same thing this Zod promised to do in MoS). Superman executed them with kryptonite. Superman also beat Doomsday to death in the comics. So not only was Superman killing consistent with the Reeves film, it was consistent with the comic books.

17. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

And Batman, of course, shot Darkseid with a time-traveling bullet (don't ask!) at the end of FINAL CRISIS . . . .

(The novelization of which is still on sale, btw. :))

18. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

I always thought he killed Zod. So much so that the first time I learned about the pocket universe Zod was in a letter column of a back issue I had found. This would have been in a comic published sometime after that storyline happened. The reader mentioned Superman killing Zod in the comic. My first thought when I saw that was it must have been inspired by Superman II!

People judge and interpret what is in a film by what is on screen. Not by deleted scenes most people have no idea exist. That scene of them falling was shot for a reason. To give them multiple options. If it was the intent that they were always going to survive. Superman could have just punched Zod and walked them all out!

19. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Was that the same Batman who supposedly doesn't use guns?

20. Cartoonist

I'd be happy with the "Injustice: Gods Among Us" bat suit.