Trip & T'Pol: The Good That They Do

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Captain X, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boushh

boushh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: Trip & T'Pol: The Good That They Do

OK, I had to take a look at the mini-spoiler. Thanks for tempting me, Trippy!! :scream: ;) What's funny is I was actually thinking we might have to start coming up with new titles soon!

2. Trippy

Trippy NaNoWriMo Victim Admiral

Wait 'till you read the novel, then the one I posted will make sense ;)

:lol:

I hope you get it soon :)

And I dunno why the spoiler code didn't work for me...I've used it before...*shrugs*

3. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I really like what I've read of the book so far and Trippy I like your title for :rommie: a new thread.

4. SFRabid

SFRabid Commodore Commodore

I started to order it from Amazon but got worried when I noticed that the reviews are from "The Good that Men Do." It looks like they have things screwed up in their order system and I don't want to take a chance of getting another copy of a book I already own.

5. Reanok

I ordered Kobayashi Maru from Barnes & Noble I think it's strange that they're posting reviews from TGTMD instead of having reviews for Kobayashi Maru.And Trippy is right there's really nice maoments with both Trip & T'Pol in this book. And the other characters too.

6. Duncan MacLeod

Duncan MacLeod Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Be careful that you don't get the wrong book. Pocket Books published a ST novel by Julia Ecklar titled The Kobayashi Maru in 1989. Frankly I think the editors at PB were pretty damned lazy to let a second book with the same title go through like that. They should have changed it to something different enough to differentiate between the two.

7. Reanok

Thanks Duncan, I got the Enterprise novel and really like this book.The book is really exciting.I like how this book continues the story where The good that Men do left off.

8. Duncan MacLeod

Duncan MacLeod Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

No problem. If you get a chance, read the other one, it's not a bad book. Ms. Ecklar got the personalities and dialogue for the main characters - Kirk, McCoy, Scotty, Sulu and Chekov - just about perfect. I could argue a few points were wrong, but on the whole it's well worth reading.

9. Reanok

I read Julia's book recently and I liked it .

10. boushh

You know, I find it really fun that the SciFi viewers choice marathon has so many episodes that contain significant Trip or T/T moments. :) Good on the viewers for spreading the T/T love! :techman:

11. teddysmom

teddysmom Cadet Newbie

I saw my first episode of Enterprise today during the Sci-Fi marathon. I love love love Trip and Tpol. So much so, that I found episode guides to help me piece their story together. (the marathon is not in sequence).

Please tell me Trip doesn't die at the end. I mean, it's a holograph, it's not real, right? I'm trying to find anything to make me feel better. Because if he dies, I'm canceling my order for DVD sets.

Plus, didn't they have a kid named Lorean that is captain of the Enterprise in the future. Trip doesn't die until this kid is 14.

I haven't seen the last episode, so I need someone to make me feel better and tell me the synopsis is untrue.

12. Trippy

First of all...welcome!

These are the Voyages is an episode based on a holo-deck program in which, yes, Trip 'seems' to die. He doesn't, and it is explained in the novel The Good That Men Do.

To me (and to several of the actors ;)), Demons/Terra Prime is the real finale.

Enjoy TnT...we do! :techman:

13. boushh

Welcome! :) I think that final episode can be taken as non-factual if it works for you that way, since it is largely based on a holodeck program. As Trippy mentioned, the story has continued in the novels and Trip is not dead in those. :) They are called: Last Full Measure (just the end bit), The Good That Men Do, and the new one Kobayashi Maru.

I think regardless of the last episode, the show is definitely worth watching, and in my opinion T/T are very worth following along on their journey. You watched everything in such an odd order during the marathon that I think if you do rent or buy the DVDs you'll get a better idea of what went on and will hopefully continue to love T/T. A lot of us do! :)

14. teddysmom

teddysmom Cadet Newbie

Thank you so much, Trippy and Boushh. I admit, the few episodes I saw were fantastic! All the characters are great, but TnT - well, there was something special about them. I have to see the whole thing from the beginning and I plan on skipping the last episode. I read a review from someone that felt that the show really ended with terra plana (???) and that the writers only did that last episode to showcase the cast from Next Generation.

I am also buying those books. That's so much for making me feel better. I can't believe I missed this show the first time around. I was a huge next generation fan and just couldn't get into deep space 9 and I just didn't keep up.

15. Reanok

Welcome TeddysMom Trip&T'Pol are great characters there's something special about them.That's one of the reasons I liked the series was the characters.The books definitely continue their story.:) I also watched hte TnT themed episodes last night I was suprised they showed them back to back.

16. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

Welcome, teddysmom! Always happy to have another T/T fan on board. :D

This calls for pictures, eh?

Similitude
    [​IMG]

Harbinger
    [​IMG]

E2 (not a T/T shot, but you mentioned Lorian, and well... :cool: )
    [​IMG]

Home
    [​IMG]

Bound
    [​IMG]

17. star

star Vice Admiral Admiral

Day-um. That look on his face... It's like... "I want you. I want you so bad. I adore you. I'd die for you... But I can't bring myself to say it."

I need to get the ENT books. I haven't read any of them yet. Which is kind of funny, seeing how I used to be more of a fan of Star Trek books rather than the actual shows.

Of course, that was before I discovered fanfiction... *sigh*

18. Reanok

Star I agree I like the Enterprise books and fanfiction both.You'll like the TnT storyarc in the books.:)

19. Trippy

Yes, and 'we' (the TnT fans in general, not just at this board) got a thank you from Martin and Mangels in the new book! ;)

20. Reanok

I finished Kobayashi Maru and really liked the how Trip and T'Pol's story was continued in this book.Alot of nice moments in this book.:techman:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.