Starship Exeter: Countdown

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by GSchnitzer, Dec 22, 2013.

1. GSchnitzer

GSchnitzer Co-Executive Producer In Memoriam

Well, the good news is that, as of earlier today (December 21, 2013), the Starship Exeter website is now presenting a constantly-updating countdown clock. Counting down to--what?

Find it here:

http://www.starshipexeter.com/

Of course, the (possibly) bad news is that this countdown clock appears to be counting down to 1:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) on April 1, 2014.

Yes, it's counting down to April Fool's Day.

Just an FYI.

2. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm a sucker for Starship Exeter. Fool me! :)

3. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

As I've said elsewhere, if this is a joke, it's tasteless.

4. GSchnitzer

GSchnitzer Co-Executive Producer In Memoriam

For what it's worth, they sent out an e-mail today at about 4:00-ish p.m. EST:

"Hi there.

"We here at Starship Exeter are excited to make a huge announcement regarding the release of Act Four, the final piece to our episode, "The Tressaurian Intersection." We're writing to you because you contacted us over the last year or so, and we wanted you to be the first to know.

"Here's the hint:

"http://www.starshipexeter.com

"Cheers,

"Starship Operations
    USS Exeter
    NCC1706"

5. Wingsley

Wingsley Commodore Commodore

Well, how 'bout that.

I hope the final act is a fitting end to a very engaging fan-trek episode. I thoroughly enjoyed "Tressaurian" up to this point, years of delay not withstanding...

6. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

I for one will be thrilled to welcome with arms wide open the concluding Act 4 of "Tressaurian" and will applaud the filmmakers for their outsanding achievement. Yes, it's been a long wait but you know what? We're getting it for free and they've never stopped working on the thing. It would have been all too easy to give up and let the project fade into nerd-rage obscurity but the passion for the story they all have had has been remarkable given the amount of flack the naysayers have flung at them over and over and over again through the years.

To Exeter, the production team, and that brave crew, I raise a toast. Thank you for the ride!

7. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

I "blame" my years of chatting online about Star Trek on Starship Exeter. I joined a board after seeing the teaser to Tressaurian and haven't looked back. The achievements so far of the Exeter team have been nothing short of magnificent, and the timeframe of the releases has never stirred a single negative emotion in me.

Whatever the announcement is, I just want to say, in all seriousness, thank you to the team of Starship Exeter for enriching my life.

8. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

Well said. Whenever Act IV is released, I will be very happy to stick two fingers up in the air at all those mean-spirited naysayers.

9. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

Do you have a NAME connected to the signature,
    "Starship Operations
    USS Exeter
    NCC1706"

Or might this be a case of dissent within the ranks? It's April Fools Day. if They were releasing TTI Act IV, why not First Contact Day?

10. scifib5st

scifib5st Commander Red Shirt

Speaking of a toast, I promised Scott the director a beer when he previews this episode in Portland OR. I stand by that so now I have to find out when this will happen! With interest it may be up to a 6 pack now. :guffaw:

:bolian:

11. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

Barb, respectfully, I don't think that sort of speculation is any way constructive. We should leave the people involved to deal with their business.

12. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

I''m using Occam's Razor for this one: the simplest answer is that they are counting down to the act IV debut.

13. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

Folks, let's not panic at the disco just yet.

14. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Agreed.

15. Akira8

Akira8 Ensign Newbie

Have we received any sort of official confirmation on what the countdown indicates?

16. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Not yet. Hang on. :)

17. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The release of the missing parts of the episode would make it necessary to find new things to annoy Dennis with.

18. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

It doesn't take anything new to annoy Dennis. Old stuff works just fine... :lol:

19. RCAM

RCAM Commander Red Shirt

Looking forward to this. Rewatched the first three acts a few weeks ago and they were very enjoyable, as I remembered. The leap in production values and acting from Exeter's first episode to the second is stunning. Can't wait to see this story wrapped up!

20. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just caught up with the Tressaurian Intersection. Very well done. I liked the look of the Tressaurians. They even looked better than the original Gorn. The Tressaurian Intersection is a vast improvement over the episode "The Savage Empire" though I did like how they included Chang in that one.