So What Are you Reading?: Generations

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by captcalhoun, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Eragon. The plot of Star Wars. The names of Tolkien. The writing style of Jim Theis. Sums it up, really.

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Thanks again.

Nothing that's been announced yet. Hopefully an announcement will come soon.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I did start reading it some either right after or right before my post about it, and I can see that pretty clearly. While reading the prologue I was able to pretty cleanly able to line up what was happening with the opening of A New Hope. I was able to do the same with more of the plot as I skimmed the Wikipedia synopsis.

4. S. Gomez

S. Gomez Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Finished Wuthering Heights, and read Shakespeare's Measure For Measure between that and my current read: Doctor Who And The Cybermen, the novelization of "The Moonbase".

I watched the first episode of the BBC 2005 miniseries version of Bleak House. Trying to decide if I want to keep watching it or re-read the book first.

5. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

started reading VGD: What Judgements Come last night.

6. Endgame

Endgame Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I acquired the DS9 Millenium trilogy and a dozen other ST books. I finished "Sword of Damocles" by Geoffrey Thorne and am now reading "Traitor Winds" (ST-TOS #70) by L. A. Graf (1994). I finished "Private Desires, Political Action" by Laver (1997) and am now reading "Thinking, Fast and Slow" by Kahneman (2011). I just read "Asian-Americans in the Star Trek Franchise" by Joel B. Kirk (2012) which I got from the Kobo Store. Saw the first four episodes of DS9 TV (Season 3) for first time. "The Search" was rather cool to actually see rather than have inklings about it. Also reading an introductory book on basic toxicology. Other books too. One on simple games for games theory "Playing Politics." (I ordered this one too.)

7. Kertrats47

Kertrats47 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Finally wrote my review of Raise the Dawn. Loved it!

I've read a few books in the past month, among them:
    My Two Moms: Lessons of Love, Strength, and What Makes a Family by Zach Walls
    Star Trek #15: Corona by Greg Bear
    Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
    Starfleet Academy: The Assassination Game by Alan Gratz

And I'm currently reading Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins and Your Republic is Calling You by Kim Young-ha.

8. Fer

Fer Commander Red Shirt

After finishing Plagues of Night, I had to throw my planned reading schedule out the window and dive straight into Raise the Dawn.

9. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Coney Island: Lost and Found.

10. Keturah

Keturah Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Voyager #6: The Murdered Sun. So far just OK, but entertaining.

11. REDrake

REDrake Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Finished recently Shards and Shadows.

Right now, I'm reading Eugenics Wars 1

12. flandry84

flandry84 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Cut by George Pelecanos (ugh!).

13. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm reading Star Trek Children of Kings by Dave Stern.

14. S. Gomez

S. Gomez Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

After going through Augustine: A Very Short Introduction by Henry Chadwick, I'm all set for my next read: Confessions by the man himself and translated by Chadwick.

15. Cap'n Crunch

Cap'n Crunch Captain Captain

I finished Dies the Fire by S.M. Stirling yesterday. I'm now reading Star Trek: TNG/NF Double Helix: Double or Nothing.

16. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

I'm currently re-reading Grant Morrison's run on Batman and i'm contemplating finally reading NF: Blind Man's Bluff..

17. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Since I finally caught the remastered For The World Is Hollow, it's on to Ex Machina...

18. Endgame

Endgame Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I finished reading "The Efficient Society" by Joseph Heath (2001) which was an interesting take on rational choice or public choice theory. When I started reading "Traitor Winds" by L. A. Graf, I discovered what may be no surprise to people reading this: There are four books, "The Lost Years" by J. M. Dillard; "A Flag Full of Stars" by Brad Ferguson; "Traitor Winds" (again); and, "Recovery" again by J. M. Dillard. According to the first book, there was to be a title "The War Virus" which, I guess, never worked out - I found no easy search results on this apparently non-existent title on Memory Alpha. I am not sure whether to stop reading TW and begin with TLY or not (I am only on p. 26 of TW).

19. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I recently finished The Prospect of My Arrival.

20. Caesar753

Caesar753 Commander Red Shirt

I'm reading New Frontier: Blind Man's Bluff. Finally catching up on New Frontier. I wonder when the next one will come out...