Loki Class destroyer model

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Forbin, Mar 30, 2013.

1. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

No idea. I wasn't even aware of his involvement in the design until I saw this thread and did some digging. And a quick Google search brings up a large number of men by that name, of varying backgrounds.

2. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

Don't have my Jackill's stuff handy, but if I'm not mistaken he does credit Johnson with the original Joshua class design in his books and datasheets.

3. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Ah! That's probably where Cygnus got its credit reference from, then. Thanks for the clarification.

4. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Just checked Jackill's book #3, and yes, he does credit Shane Johnson for the Joshua class. How about that. Maybe I should read the fine print sometimes. :lol:

5. Starship

Starship Captain Captain

Cool ship.
    The unique thing I dislike, is where the neck and nacele are joinned. I would interrupt the grills before they touched the little neck. ;)

6. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Both Shane and Eric K from Jayne's had health scares not long ago.

This is why I waish I was a lottery winner, to pay off med-debts to allow people to quit jobs and spend all their time doing drawings, writings.

7. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I just love it when you do builds of the more eccentric, less common designs that we don't see very much of (at least compared to, say the Constitution class, or the D-7).

If your going to play the letter game, then you should know that I would like to see the Shaitan-A at some point.:D

And yes, the Joshua class: she and her variants are aesthetically pleasing; a nice design for between TMP-era and TLE.

Unfortunately, the Joshua shares the same registry as the more numerous Loknar, so in my mind, the Joshua (and her variants) have always been displaced by the latter.:rolleyes:

8. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Maybe the other way around. Loknar/Phobos is TOS-TMP--this is TMP to TNG?

9. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Love it! Love it! Love it!