Falling Skies Season 4 discussion thread - Spoilers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jedi_Master, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

I swear, when I first saw it the first thing I thought of was one of those female-shaped plant Pokemon. (Yes, laugh all you like...)

Meanwhile, I think the Tom-Lost-In-Space angle is just to give Noah Wyle a chance to star in that new Librarians series.

2. Tzenkethi

Tzenkethi Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

All that build up to human skitters and they were a no show. I thought that religious woman would be one.

3. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's a great survey -- if it reaches the right people, and the right things are taken from it.

i know some people hate the idea of fans' opinions influencing a show...but with the right creative minds, and the wisdom when to WITH public opinion, and when NOT to...i will actually seriously want to watch it, and would love to see at the end how it compares to survey results.

However, interesting that they asked about general geographic region & sexuality -- nothing about race, gender, or even if you were a fan of certain other shows.

4. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

This is so obviously the correct answer that I retract my earlier speculation. What looked like tentacles in the silhouette were probably just Skitter legs, it fulfills Tom's familiarity with what he saw, the telepathy is already a known Skitter power, it fits its description of humans as "the enemy of my enemy" but leaves a measure of distrust since humans have killed many of their kind, and it fits Eick's comments about it not being a new alien but a variation on an old one. Perfect. Thanks for mentioning it.

This is actually an exciting development if it pans out, one of the first on the show in quite a while. I really hope they develop a coalition between te Volm, free Skitters, and humans now that all three factions are taking the fight to the Espheni at Earth.

5. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

When they cut from the cocoon to Tom being brought back, I thought that was the show doing things on the cheap, and that the successful moon mission would result in some sort of fallout that could take place on their existing sets. Then the celebration writing was so horrible I expected it all to be fake, but in the back of my mind I was thinking maybe it wouldn't be a fake out since the writing is already this terrible all the time. :lol:

6. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Well, I didn't expect either Lexi or Scarface to die. Kind of disappointing in both cases, especially since I expected the series finale to come down to a showdown between Tom and Scarface. Looks like Matt's girlfriend is dead, too.

It makes sense that the silhouette would be a Human Skitter, and given that they gave us a couple of reminders of Tom's former life, it's probably going to be his wife, not dead after all.

Weird. I tried to take that survey and it said that I already had.

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Tom Mason is a dick.

In his perfect world, Pope doesn't become a better man, he just ####s off.

8. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

That link takes us to the end of the survey. Use this if you want to start at the beginning: spr.ly/6015WUpW

9. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

??? No. It's a non-skitterized skitter.

10. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ Ohh, yeah, I misunderstood. I was thinking non-controlled Human Skitter, rather than the race that the Skitters are made from. That does make sense. Still, there must be a reason that they gave us a couple of reminders of his wife and put him in a hologram of what must be his old bedroom.

Thanks. I was able to complete the survey, and now TNT has all the information it needs to make season five great. :rommie: