Watchmen 2?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ :guffaw: :guffaw:

Baby Dr. Manhattan... :D

2. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

I relish the tas, but I don't see what Dragonlance has to do with Watchmen.

3. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

It seems kind of pointless but I don't have anything aganist them trying.

4. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

5. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

I love how Bleeding Cool always throws in that they "broke the story" in articles surrounding a follow-up to Watchmen as if people actually care. :lol:

6. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

For me, I'm not all that interested. Especially in a sequel. What are they gonna do? Go through the conspiracy of the post squid world? We sorta KNOW it will be revealed. Or at least brought up.

A preguel... maybe. But, are the early life of those characters SO interesting as compared to their DCU counterparts?

While it's obviously a cash grab, it just doesn't seem to be a particularly INTERESTING cash grab for me.

I would rather they do stuff with new characters and/or DCU characters.

7. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Dennis...I think that is dated October 21. So it's actually an old report. The original article I posted in my first post was the updated info.

8. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I vote they get Frank Miller to do it. Just watching the fanboy reaction would be hilarious and completely worth it.

9. Admiral_Young

^ That would be hilarious...Holly Terror has had almost zero buzz since it's released (his new terrorism graphic novel) I know that I lost interest once it was no longer a Batman project. I think they're relationship has soured now.

10. No Moore? No interested.

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I looked at the first 5 pages of Holy Terror. It's still a Batman book. There's a very thinly veiled Batman pastiche and a even more thinly veiled female cat burglar he has a contentious romantic relationship with.

12. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Well Frank Millar is currently insane.

13. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

There are some panels where The Fixer is very clearly Batman. Miller had about half the book drawn before Paul Levitz convinced him that Miller could go further with his story without Batman, and the artwork for that part of the book was tweaked, some pages more than others. The Fixer uses batarangs, there are times you can see the bat-ears on his cowl, that sort of thing.

Going back to Watchmen, if DC wants to exploit the characters, more power to them. It was only a matter of time, and the benefits now outweigh the risks. Like I said on the first page, I'd even welcome integrating the characters into the DCnU. Final Crisis almost pulled them into the 52 Earths (Superman Beyond showed us a Dr. Manhattan-like Captain Atom), and it's rumored that there was almost a Countdown one-shot that would have taken Jason Todd and his team to a post-Watchmen Earth in their search for Ray Palmer.

14. milo bloom

milo bloom Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The varied and beautiful Chicagoland suburbs.
    I'm not super big into comics, but I enjoy dipping into some of the bigger titles by checking out the TPB's from the library. Even without a deep comic history to back me up, I really enjoyed Watchmen, a lot. But one thing that held it down a bit for me was that they had to use brand new characters instead of established ones that had a history to draw on. If these prequels can give those characters that weight behind them, then I think it could be a good thing.

15. Professor Zoom

I felt like Moore did an excellent job of adding weight already. Through the other materials in Watchmen, like the autobiography, etc. In some ways those characters were more fleshed out than Blue Beetle, Captain Atom, Thunderbolt, Peacemaker ever were.

16. zakkrusz

zakkrusz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't think it needs a sequel at all. However, I liked the first one a lot so I'd be willing to give the second a shot.

17. Admiral_Young

The project won't be a sequel but several prequel mini-series as the article states. Alan Moore wouldn't have any involvement in this for obvious reasons. This is DC Editorial going ahead with the property...although it does seem like Dave Gibson is involved in some way. Probably overseeing the project and doing interior art or covers.

18. Agenda

Agenda Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

More Watchmen? Oh yes please. I want to see Nite Owl and Rorschach team up and fight with cool gadgets and stuff. I just hope there's less words and more action, and I hope they don't have those stupid stories at the end of every issue. This is supposed to be comics, not boring books. And all those flashbacks and weird stuff confused me last time, maybe they can make these new stories more easier to get?

19. Professor Zoom

Either this is brilliant satire or awfully sad. I'm hoping for the satire.

20. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

If Cooke tries to pull off something similar to what he did in New Frontier, it could definitely work.