Cast the Characters of Trek Literature

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Haval_Runa, Apr 10, 2006.

1. JWolf

JWolf Commodore Commodore

News Flash!

Mr. Bean to take over the role of Reginald Barkley.

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I don't see that at all. Kat Muller is a big, tough, Amazonian woman, more in the Marjorie Monaghan area.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've been trying to think of a Muller, and I think Marjorie Monaghan would deffinitely work.

4. TJ Sinclair

TJ Sinclair Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^She's always been my choice for the role.

5. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

Monaghan only isn't my choice for Mueller because she's a better choice for Corsi. :D

6. Christopher

Hey, if Jeffrey Combs can play two different characters in the same episode... ;)

7. Cicero

Cicero Admiral Admiral

Because Zife was supposed to be a man that even the most intelligent in the Federation believed was competent and honorable (though he was not the former, and perhaps not the latter), I always thought of him as Dwight Eisenhower.

[​IMG]

Karl Rove (even in person) simply is Koll Azernal. It's hard to imagine anyone else as the shady Zackdorn.

8. flandry84

flandry84 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've tentatively cast Portia Rossi as Corsi(I'm a SCE newcomer) and Ms.Uma Thurman is fulfilling my Mueller needs quite nicely.

9. David Mack

David Mack Writer Rear Admiral

^ That works for me on both counts. :)

10. flandry84

/\/\Anyhow as I was trying to get into my first SCE book,I glance over at my wife watching that "2 guys & a pizza place" show and there is Stevens-Ryan Reynolds.Being the lazy type I am I kinda also cast the brunette from that same show as Carol Abromowitz.(I'm sorry but I didn't catch the actresses' name.

11. Christopher

Stevens was played onscreen by Jay Baker in DS9's "Starship Down."

I tend to imagine Robia LaMorte (Jenny Calendar from early Buffy the Vampire Slayer) as Carol.

12. regemet

regemet Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I had a thought as they are real life girlfriends and flandri84 suggest Portia di Rossi as Corsi what about Ellen deGeneres as Christine Vale .

13. Christopher

I just caught most of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest on AMC, and Will Sampson, who played "Chief" Bromden, struck me as a very close match for the descriptions of Carter Greyhorse from the Stargazer books. I wish I'd caught it before rereading Death in Winter last week.

By the way, that movie has a lot of future Trek guests in it. In addition to Louise Fletcher as Nurse Ratched, of course, you've got Christopher Lloyd (Kruge), Brad Dourif (Lon Suder), Vincent Schiavelli (holographic salesman, "The Arsenal of Freedom"), and Michael Berryman (Capt. Rixx, "Conspiracy"). Also one person who'd already done ST, Peter Brocco (Claymare, "Errand of Mercy.") Not to mention Scatman Crothers and Danny DeVito (whom I didn't recognize with hair). I had no idea all those people were in that movie.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

LOL I actually saw that on while I was flipping earlier.

Wow I didn't realize any Trek people other than Luise Fletcher and Christopher Lloyd, were in that.

15. flandry84

Carter Greyhorse for me,is Michael Horse( X-FILES,TWIN PEAKS),while Pug Joseph in my head kinda looks like Rick Schroeder.

16. fleetcaptain

fleetcaptain Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Kind of pisses me off that everyone are talking about characters and I made a suggestion about one and I got skipped like I didn't even post.

17. tenmei

tenmei Commodore Commodore

Out of the new batch of TNG characters?

Audrey Tautou as T'Lana.

18. flandry84

Sorry Fleetcaptain,personally,I have no clue about the Trek gaming community and any new characters in that sphere.

19. Bryan316

Bryan316 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Kristin Kreuk as T'Lana

20. Christopher

Well, Greyhorse is described as a very big man. Michael Horse is fairly tall IIRC, but not towering like Greyhorse.

And Rick Schroeder? He doesn't have a pug nose, which is pretty much a prerequisite. I feel Joseph would be best played by a bulldog-faced character actor type, the kind of guy who often shows up as a police sergeant or a petty hood.