Paris + B'Elanna scene, absolute cop-out

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Dal Rassak, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Triskelion

Triskelion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hm, interesting questions, GG. That is a question of whether Vorik had any true feelings for B'Elanna beyond the 7 year booty call.

It's not very logical that he would be attracted to the volatile personality of Torres. Nor is it logical he would be attracted to engineering skills, though he might dispassionately admire them. What about proximity to her on a daily basis as an attracting factor? An emotional reaction easily explained away. But enough to offset her attractiveness to a Vulcan? If Vorik liked B'Elanna for this reason, he would have spontaneously combusted for Seven.

I think Vorik and Kes would have made a cute couple with some intriguing counterpoints, if few sparks.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe she is giving off Klingon/Human hybrid super pheromones and Vorik is sensitive to them. Since Vulcans have a more developed sense of smell.

Least sexy pairing ever.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

A refresher...

He liked her inside and out.

Unable to withstand Klingon mating practices?

Why is Vorik bringing up Kim in a moment of heightened intimacy?

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  4. teacake

I think he was rather sweet in his attraction to her, a shame he didn't know how to go about forming even a friendship prior to his mating call.

5. Guy Gardener

He didn't know what she was into.

Paris made the Latina MORE angry.

Wood for her furnace so to speak glibly.

Latina?

Torres?

Latina?

Oh... My... God.

Fuck you Chakotay.

B'Elanna is a Native American Indian too!

(Seriously. 20 years.)

Except she's super cool about it.

Dear lord this lady must have rolled her eyes whenever he talked about the spirits of his ancestors.

6. teacake

Torres is a spanish name, according to wikipedia the 11nth most popular spanish surname.

7. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[​IMG]

Well, this fellow, Mr John Torres, looks Hispanic to me.

8. DeepSpaceWine

DeepSpaceWine Commander Red Shirt

She came out of a plot hole. The same thing with the rarely appearing blueshirt team assisting the Doctor. If they were a backup staff, why were they almost never seen when there were so many opportunities a bunch of assistant medics or porters would have helped.

9. Guy Gardener

A while back Teya pwned me good.

Spanish immigrants have been interbreeding with the Native (South) Americans for the last 500 years so effectively, that it's almost impossible to find anyone completely Indo or completely Spanish, unless they're fresh off the boat.

Most Latino and Hispanic (which doesn't always mean the same thing) people do seem to focus on how Spanish they are rather than how Indo they are, but they're still credibly indo... Haven't you ever wondered where the millions(?) of Incas, Aztecs and Mayans would up?