anyone else APPRECIATE chakotay's ethnic bits?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by WesleysDisciple, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I assumed that it meant that you were the only one that could ever reach me?

2. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Gods, I hated that song! They used it for me in the Senior Story when I graduated high school 44 years ago and it won't let go.

And sorry, I don't swing that way. Not that there's anything wrong with it.

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I am now eating my squid.

I'll spoilerize it because it's not really Voyager.. I don't think we got ANY tentacles in Voyager. No Ood or Mon Calamari. Well a few of them had tiny tentacles hanging off their faces but it wasn't the same.

[​IMG]

4. Melakon

When you dumped them into the fryer, did one shout "It's a trap!" ?

I've not tasted a lot of seafood, certainly not squid or octopus. And not since the 80s, when I could afford the stuff.

5. teacake

It's dirt cheap here. Paid ten bucks for a kg of it. That's a lot of squid, it's pretty lightweight. I like the tentacles better though, they have a more oceany flavour to me.

6. Melakon

I'm 400 miles from the coast, and I'm sure restaurants here have it, but I'd probably have to buy a sports coat, tie, and nice shirt and trousers to walk in the door.

It it cooked live, like lobster?

7. Guy Gardener

I can't believe how healthy your vegetables look.

I use so much butter when I cook.

8. teacake

I have no idea. I kind of doubt it, no shell. I see people catching them off piers here with squid pole things. It's common in cheap places here to get it as well as more upmarket. It's not as exciting as nice fish IMO, though when you get it from a street stall type setting it can be very good.

9. teacake

They are just microwaved and then I squirt lemon on them. I never use butter. Sometimes I put that treacly thick soy sauce on the broccoli and some sliced chillies or dried chillie shrimp.

When I was a kid everything was drowned in butter, but I'm over that :lol:

LEMON is the best thing ever on peas btw. Nuke the peas, squirt generous lemon on them, DELICIOUS. I keep telling people this because it seems like no one else does it and it's my great discovery.

10. Melakon

Dang, Google image search must be playing April Fools jokes. I was trying to find a cartoon for Gary Larson's The Far Side where a lobster is being dumped in a pot, and it's screaming "Auntie Em! Auntie Em!" But it's only giving me pictures of cupcakes.

11. Guy Gardener

I don't trust mocrowaves.

You're trying to warm something but then suddenly your pie has turned into goo.

12. teacake

They suck for pies. But they are great for making al dente vegetables in a steamer.

At one point you could buy some over priced paper you wrapped a pie in and supposedly the crust stayed crusty but this did not work. I don't think they even sell that stuff any more.

Of course when microwaves came out my mother was convinced they would give you cancer just like colour television and glow in the dark toys.

13. Guy Gardener

I discovered recently that microwaves were invented by the Nazis during world war II. The design was terrible and all the food produced was carcinogenic which lead to a lot of surprise Cancer clusters in what was the Third Reich by the 50s... Which is when a few American companies found the research, perfected the design and "claimed' to have invented the technology themselves.

14. teacake

My mother would love you.

Now give me the dirt on colour tvs.

15. Melakon

If you sit too close, your b:censored:s will glow in the dark.

:rommie:

16. Guy Gardener

Are you really romanticizing Black and white sets?

17. teacake

I didn't see TOS in color until I was an adult. We were the only kids in the street with a black and white tv, I remember the neighbours took pity on us and invited us over to watch The Wizard of Oz because we had no idea about how when you get to Oz it is in colour. No doubt we had to refuse their offers of refreshment though because they would have been eating candy with red dye and preservatives in it which also caused cancer and we were already taking enough of a free radical hit from watching all those munchkins.

Just thinking about it makes me want a cigarette.

18. Melakon

Dad got a color set in 1965, when I was 14, so I was lucky to discover Star Trek the next year, though it took a few weeks for me to really become a fan.

19. TrekDoggyDog

TrekDoggyDog Ensign

I thought the electronic device was a ripoff too. I distinctly remember wesley crusher going on a vision quest on Daran V (cardassians and indians) using traditional herbs in a habak (sacred house)... So why Chakotay, the han solo of the native american world, needs an empty shuttle, in the middle of nowhere with a Quija board is absolutely beyond me. Chakotay's character from what ive seen so far is a complete disappointment.

I agree with Trekslut, his character should have been more wise and refined like Picard was.

20. teacake

Well now one man's french wine is another man's electronic peyote.

Don't bogart that akoonah my friend, pass it over to me..

Seriously, why didn't everyone have one of these doohickeys? It seems it wasn't difficult to learn to use.

Oh wait I JUST ANSWERED IT in my own head! The holodeck!! The holodeck is better than drugs, funner than drugs and safer than drugs. Why bother doing drugs if you have a holodeck.