Supernatural 8x7 "A Little Slice of Kevin" spoiler discussion thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dorian Thompson, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

No, I haven't disappeared. I was just held captive at work last week planning banquets and services for heartbroken Republican businessmn planning to celebrate a Romney victory. :evil: I thought my boss was going to throw himself off the roof. Pity he didn't follow through.

New episode tonight, good people. :techman: Somebody I'll be released from my shackles and be able to come join you here again. Hopefully soon, but having the money to get a new transmission in my car is nice for a change.

2. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Re: Supernatural 8x7 "A Little Slice of Kevin" spoiler discussion thre

I liked this episode a whole lot! I think IMO, at least for me, this is the best episode of this season so far, finally it looks like this season is going uphill and going somewhere. I feel like it is headed toward something for the first time this season.

Loved seeing Cas back, and oh my, Sam (from Stargate)! Good to see her back on TV, and as a new faction of Angel? I wonder if she's an Arch Angel or something different? She said they used an "incursion of angels" to rescue Cas, so sounds like a lot of Angels were sent, regular ones, and some lost their lives. Is she working for God? Is that God's secretary? Was that God's office? So many possibilities, I can't wait to see where that leads!

As for the next episode, it looks like Supernatural is back in good form and going to give us a humor episode this season, Cas trying to be a hunter lmao, that "Bad Cop" deal, seems hilarious, cannot wait!

Things are looking good for this season finally, it has been dragging on, until now IMO.

Oh, and the witch was cute ;)

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, this was a great episode. I really liked getting Cas back, Crawley was his usual evil self (Mark Shephard has quickly become one of my favorite villain/antagonist actors), and we got some pretty good stuff with the Trans. Amanda Tapping's scene was definitely intriguing. Do we know who's been in charge of Heaven since all of the craziness with Cas went down?

4. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

She seems like she's in some sort of heavenly Internal Affairs department. I mean, how much mojo do you have to have in order to make an angel forget things so easily, nevermind whisking them away in the middle of a conversation, having a long talk, and throwing them back without anyone the wiser?

Whatever she is, I bet it has something to do with Metatron. (Now if only they could get Alan Rickman to play him...)

5. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That would be casting genius. But most likely he's out of their price range.

6. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Let the hunt for the compendium begin! You would think the king of hell would have the power to take down one angel, I mean they did have the other one captured and tied down at the beginnning of the episode.

7. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I love Kevin's mom. :rommie:

This was a great episode. What kind of angel is Amanda Tapping? Why is Cass worth the lives of many other angels? How did they get into and out of Purgatory when it is supposed to be inaccessible to anybody? If Amanda Tapping is so powerful, why doesn't she take care of Crowley herself? So many questions.

Loved seeing Cass back and get his wings up on Crowley. Also loved Cass's true memory of Dean leaving Purgatory.

And now we have the Compendium to think about. Did Crowley say something about there being classes of beings in addition to angels and demons? Maybe Amanda Tapping is one of those.

Definitely the best episode this season, and in a long while.

8. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Castiel likely got a bigtime power boost when he was resurrected (where do angels go when they die, anyway? :ouch:) by God. I think he was just a basic-level angel when he first appeared in Season Four, but after everything he's been through and done since then I think he's probably one of the strongest now.

I mean, he was showing off a level of power we'd never seen before from him when he got all glowy-eyed and badass with Crowley. That suggests to me that he's not your average angel anymore.

9. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Angels have been shown to be more powerful than demons, even a demon who is the king of hell, is still just a demon. Angels are superior.

10. Mister Fandango

Wasn't he basically elevated to archangel status as a replacement for Michael when he was resurrected? I seem to remember dialogue along those lines.

11. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

No dialog along those lines have ever been mentioned.

When God resurrected Cas the first time, he seemed "stronger" than usual, he snapped his fingers and everyone was alive and well. Now, could a regular Angel have done that? Who knows, perhaps. It is possible he just felt good being renewed and alive again.

At anyrate, there is no on screen proof that Cas is any stronger than any other regular Angel. (obviously he was when he was eating souls, but that is gone now)

12. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

There are two more compendiums. I'm guessing one of the compendiums refers to angels, and Amanda Tapping's character (whether her position is an old one or a new one in heaven) has access to some of the knowledge in that compendium (particularly in regards to how to manipulate angels). We don't really know if her powers extend to direct confrontation with non-angels.

Side note: I'm going to go out on a limb and say the fourth compendium is about humans.

Humans
    Demons
    Angels
    Leviathan

That pretty much covers the major creations. Though, I suppose God and/or gods (plural) is another possibility, and a compendium about monsters in general would be useful.

13. Mister Fandango

I was under the impression that the compendiums were written for humans. Why would there be one detailing the secrets of killing and controlling them when anyone can do that with ease, especially the various supernaturals?

If anything, the last one is just going to be about monsters in general. They all seem to be lumped together once the angels and demons started coming to the forefront anyway. I mean, there's different kinds of angels and demons, but they're all lumped together under the same title, too.

14. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

You're assuming a compendium about humans would list ways to kill/control them. It could contain virtually anything (from God's true plans for humans to protections against becoming monsters/demons).

15. Mister Fandango

A compendium on monsters would be a little more helpful and relevant than that, considering the contents of the other two compendiums we've been exposed to. They seem to be guides for humans in dealing/combating supernatural forces.

Besides, having a compendium stating God's master plan kind of defeats the whole point of it.

16. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

My suggestion was a bit more broad. The compendium might not include a detailed plan. Perhaps it would just be a sketch of the next steps in human development. One possibility is that a compendium about humans would be a how-to guide for growing beyond the need to worry about the supernatural (particularly related to humans becoming monsters/demons or the tendency of humans to create dangerous supernatural deities).

17. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Considering the show's budget, you have to think more along the lines of actors who appear often in British Columbia TV productions... Michael Shanks, Tahmoh Penikett, Michael Rosenbaum, Joe Flanigan, Nicholas Campbell, maybe Billy Campbell...

18. Mister Fandango

That was just flagrant wishing with absolutely no belief whatsoever that it could possibly come true. It was just my way of saying that I really enjoyed Rickman's portrayal of Metatron in Dogma and thought that same type of portrayal would be great fun in Supernatural. Especially since they've set him up to be tired and hag-ridden by God.