Parks and Recreation on BBC4

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Serial thread killer, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

2. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Apparently they have 2 seasons signed so it's there for those at least. I've also heard good things so will check it out. But I'm surprised BBC 4 got it. Given that they cut the drama and comedy and import budgets.

3. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

I will be interested in seeing what you all think of Parks and Recreation. I wonder how it will translate?

I absolutely adore the show. One of my all-time favorite comedies. It has a great heart to it.

And it has Ron Fucking Swanson, and his Pyramid of Greatness.

:techman:

Enjoy, and be sure to post what you think from time to time.

4. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

I might give it a look, any airdate yet?

5. The Grim Ghost

The Grim Ghost Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hope you enjoy the show. One thing I like about P&R is that it is a genuinely funny show that is not based around all of the characters being nasty and insulting each other. I am so burned out on stuff like that. The show is funny, refreshing and upbeat.

6. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We've had it on RTE (the main Irish channel) since... I forget how long.

It's pretty funny. Excellent ensemble comedy. Sure Nick Offerman gets all the justified praise for Swanson, but Amy Poehler's unstoppable enthusiasm is what keeps the show both hilarious and touching.

And Aziz Ansari's smile never stops being funny.

7. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That is exactly why I love it. They are all friends and work together. Too many shows degenerate into making their characters into mean caricatures of their original selves. The characters on Parks and Recreation are all decent. Except Jerry. And Jean Ralphio. Especially Jean Ralphio.

8. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm catching up on this season on-demand and I have to say Leslie's character is not working as a city councilman as well as she worked as the park director. it's becoming a little too 'ripped from the headlines' and 'very specially', with the sex Ed and the soda tax and all of that.