Wiped Episode Discoveries

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Allyn Gibson, Jun 13, 2013.

1. starsuperion

starsuperion Commodore Commodore

\

well, I think that if it is the first issue, with the episodes with partial animation haven't sold, then why not just do an entire animation series of Episodes set to the voices of the actors already on tape? I mean, yes I like the original live action, but I would be more apt to buy a Classic Doctor who DVD if the entire episode was cartoon, and then have the original surviving episodes on another disc. then the partial, and partial..Which just feels choppy in the aesthetic.

I loved the Classic Star Trek series, especially the Remastered.. But yet, I also consider the cartoon series that came after as part of canon, like the continuation of stories from classic trek just before the motion picture..

However, if indeed there was a truck load of missing episodes found, I would rather they scrapped the animation all together in favor of the original's completed serials.

2. inflatabledalek

inflatabledalek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If it keeps the American setting that means we could now have a record of the first ever time Connery completely and utterly failed to do an accent.

3. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

Starsuperion, if the partially animated ones didn't sell enough to justify the cost, a fully animated one would sell even less but cost more. Doesn't make any sense.

Mr Awe

4. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We do, that was the main focus ofPM's coverage. Go to www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/pm and look for Monday's edition.

5. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

After The Tenth Planet and The Moonbase came out the fans were hopeful that more of the "50%" stories would be released, namely The Crusade and The Underwater Menace. No, there was never an announcement but people wanted more stories released.

6. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just thought I'd bump this thread to mark an occasion. Today is the one year anniversary since this thread first started. And what a year! We've had nine missing episodes retrieved, resulting in the completion of Enemy of the World and near completion of Web of Fear and Ian Levine has gone from trying to convince fandom there are no missing episodes to practically slandering Phillip Morris with accusations of hoarding missing episodes. Been a fun year.

7. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

One year, two stories. Lets hope this new year will bring, another two. Or more!

8. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

Fingers crossed!

Crazy here with the big rumor and all! The 2 recovered stories are fantastic though. Very thankful!

9. starsuperion

starsuperion Commodore Commodore

So Basically..What Missing Episodes Are The Holy Grail Of Serials?

10. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Depends who you ask.

Of historical importance Hartnell's last episode & Troughton's first story would probably feature in most lists.

I go with a beggars can't be choosers approach. I'll take what I'm given.

11. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The unwanted ones sometimez turn out to be great...
    After Enemy, I'd be very glad to have Savages back .Could be a really solid story. Similarly, Smugglers could well be very very watchable.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  12. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

I will sell multiple vital organs in exchange for The Power of the Daleks, and I'd probably give a kidney for Fury from the Deep. The other big one is Marco Polo.

But honestly, I just want more Patrick Troughton in my life.

13. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Power of the Daleks and Marco Polo seem to be the two biggest in my view.

14. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Really? I thought the Dalek Master Plan and Evil of the Daleks would take precendence.

Needless to say, but I think of the two Doctors, the Second's stories are the ones that are most requested. Not without reason, as last year showcased...

15. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Have you seen the 2 1/2 first episodes of Power of The Daleks with the Talking Animated Telesnaps? Many posters here have said it's easy to watch, and many have said this Recon Tech is better than most of the DVD Professional Animation we've gotten.

16. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

Marco, Master Plan, Savages, Power, Evil, Fury would be my top six.

17. NightJim

NightJim Captain Captain

Yeah, I'd say either of the Daleks, Marco Polo or The Highlanders, just because I want to see Jamie's introduction.

18. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Highlanders for me too, just because I like Jamie so much.

19. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

You're right. I was thinking of Dalek's Master Plan, not Power of the Daleks. Although I do think Marco Polo is at the top of the list.

20. zarkon

zarkon Captain Captain

Top five for me would be:

1)Power
    2)Marco Polo
    3)Evil
    4)Snowman
    5)Highlanders