Kirk Enterprise - the Enterprise(a)?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Cadet49, Apr 18, 2013.

1. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

VERY cool! What's that being said, is it from the deleted scene or the behind-the-scenes stuff? It'd be funny if the blue nacelle caps were Admiral Marcus' whim and nothing more.

2. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

So we can now assume that the Classic Contistution Class did appear in the new timeline. Contempary of the Kelvin perhaps--given the low registry number? In this timeline, the ship that replaced the NX Class starships?

3. saddestmoon

saddestmoon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Whoa! :eek: That's one intriguing piece of deleted scene right there!!!!

Mind-blown!:D

4. F. King Daniel

The lowest Constitution-class registries in the Prime verse were the USS Eagle NCC-956 and the USS Constellation NCC-1017. Certain registry-obsessed TOS fans may pop a blood vessel when they see this.

But the NCC-0718 was seen in the movie was a Newton-class ship, not TOS-Constitution. Perhaps when this scene was cut, J.J. asked that the number (no doubt another birthday) be used again when Enterprise leaves spacedock. And again on the credits - don't forget Science Officer 0718/GATT2000!

5. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

We know there was an Enterprise (Commanded by Robert April) before the current Enterprise in the altered timeline, but we have no way to know for sure what its class was or what registry number it used. For all we know it could have been the same class as the Kelvin... there is just no way to know.

Mind you it doesn't really matter moving forward.

EDIT: If the previous Enterprise was 1701 and a constitution class that would make the current version the Enterprise B, at this point I can only conclude a mistake was made in the comic until confirmed otherwise.

Then again if they had gone straight to the Enterprise B in the films I can only begin to imagine the meltdown it would have caused on the forums, perhaps that was their intention but they thought better of it in the end.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2013
  6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ It wasn't a Kelvin type, we know that much. IIRC, we do see April's Enterprise from the outside, and it appears Connie-ish.

7. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Looks rather badly done, is this even remotely authentic?

8. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Look, I don't want to be That Guy, but it looks to me like that Constitution was digitally added to that picture. It looks CG which doesn't fit. Abrams is the kind of guy who likes filming with as much practical set pieces as possible. Granted, he's not opposed to adding something digitally when it's necessary, but somehow I don't think he'd add a CG Constitution to a scene where it would serve no purpose other than to excite the fanboys. He'd use a practical model, and isn't that the story with those starship models on Marcus's desk? Besides, deleted scenes don't traditionally have CG effects added to them.

If I'm wrong, please provide proof. Perhaps something like the deleted scene itself showing this USS Biddeford hanging from the ceiling in Marcus's office.

For that matter, isn't that registry used on one of the other Starfleet ships wee see in Earth orbit? See image here.

Sorry, I'm not accepting this yet.

9. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

I used the Kelvin class as an example only, we don't know what the class of the former Enterprise is even if it does show some of the ship in the comics.

10. Cap.GRPrime1701

Cap.GRPrime1701 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

11. The Wormhole

12. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

I don't want to be that guy but there's no evidence to say that it isn't legit, except for the fact that you don't seem to like it.

Which is not much of a reason really is it, I doubt it is some Photoshop conspiracy as you seem to think.

13. OpenMaw

OpenMaw Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ehh... I'll back up The Wormhole on this. It does look off to me. Like it was a rather hasty addition.

14. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

Looks fine to me, for what reason would anyone create it except to elicit a strong response from the purists.

If it was created for that reason then they have succeeded. :)

15. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

It has the whole "0718" in-joke thing going, so I'm pretty sure it's legit. Also, I don't remember seeing any overhead shots of Marcus's office in the film, but that sure is Marcus at his desk with all the models behind him.

16. F. King Daniel

It's got lighting, which none of the other models have. Also, the hull plating and window locations are a bit off for the TOS Enterprise so if it's a real model it's not an off-the-shelf kit.

In fact, that saucer hull plating does look suspiciously like CG bump mapping to me, and the angle of the shadow on the green running light seems wrong for a model shot indoors.

Of course, it being CG doesn't necessarily mean it's a fake. It may have simply been easer to put a CG ship there than to hang a real, lit model.

17. The Wormhole

I'm not trying to suggest a conspiracy. As outlined in my post, it looks fake and doesn't match the facts. Show me 100% proof positive that it is authentic and I'll shut up on the matter. Otherwise, I stand by my opinion.

18. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

It can't be proven or disproven yet and it doesn't really matter either way to me, I just find it strange that you wasted no time in saying it was fake when you have no evidence to prove it. :)

Which makes me think you are saying its fake because you don't like what it represents.

Which facts does it not match?

19. OpenMaw

OpenMaw Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

"You're right! I have no idea what i'm supposed to do. It doesn't make sense. It isn't logical. It is a GUT FEELING!"

;)

20. The Wormhole

I was stating an opinion that it looked fake. Hell, I'm almost certain that's an image of the Enterprise taken from a TOSR episode and inserted there. Unfortunately, searches are turning up negative. So far.

And besides, it's generally preferred around here that when you post something like that, you provide proof of its legitimacy so that no one needs to question it.

Now what the fuck is that supposed to mean? What does this "represent" that I'm not supposed to like?

If I'm right and it is CG (which it certainly looks) than there's the fact that deleted scenes don't usually have any kind of visual effects. And the fact that Abrams traditionally doesn't insert anything digitally to a scene unless it's required to move the story. Why would Marcus have a huge model hanging from his ceiling instead of with the other models on his desk? Why does it have the same name and registry of another ship seen in the movie?