Audio News - Big News

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by OmahaStar, Oct 17, 2012.

1. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Announced today ... Big Finish and Audio2Go are teaming up for a series of 11 monthly releases. The same production team will be working on the project.

The first release will be Carole Ann Ford, set on Earth, between when Susan and the Doctor came here, but before the events of An Unearthly Child. It's called Hunters From Earth

The second month will be Shadow of Death, with Frazer Hines (Jamie) in a Second Doctor story.

These will be followed each month by a new story and a new Doctor. Why is this a big deal? Because it won't stop with the Eigth Doctor. It will continue through to the Eleventh Doctor ... What does that mean, and why is it special? ...

For the first time ever, an original Ninth Doctor story is coming. Remember a few months ago when Chris Eccleston hinted that he may not be done with the Doctor after all?

And this is only the first 50th Anniversary announcement.

http://scifibulletin.com/2012/10/17/audiogo-and-big-finish-team-up-for-50th-anniversary-who-stories/

2. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Holy moley, don't I give big finish enough of my money?

3. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Can't say I remember that hint. Seemed more like he was hinting he'd never come back in interviews.
    But awesome news if he is coming back.

4. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Most cool, that Eccelston has agreed to an Audio Story. As with Tom Baker, might a willingness to be in a Multi-Doctor Special be next?

Has Hell No, not even if it was the last part on Earth, now become maybe?

5. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, I won't get too excited until its confirmed hes coming back. For all we know they could follow the example of the first and second Doctors and have Billie Piper come in to narrate.

6. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I just saw this news on Facebook and I'm absolutely thrilled. I will also hold back my excitement on the Eccleston front until we get confirmation that he's actually returning. I also find it somewhat odd that Big Finish hasn't announced this news on their site yet but I'm sure it'll come out soon.

7. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

In addition to the above mentioned interview where Eccleston hinted he might be doing something Who-related, I remember another interview from about a year ago when asked if he'd ever return to the franchise he said something like "someday I might look into those radio plays my predecessors enjoy doing."

8. PaulSimpson

PaulSimpson Writer/Editor Captain

I was very careful penning the original story to make it clear the audio will be featuring the Ninth Doctor, *not* that it meant Eccleston will be returning! I'd be very surprised if he or Billie Piper were involved; my money is on someone like Noel Clarke or Camille Coduri.

Paul

9. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

We can dream, can't we?

10. Mitty

Mitty Vice Admiral Admiral

Can someone link to where Ecclestone said he might not be done with Who? I would have assumed that even a hint of that would have been fairly big news in Doctor Who fandom and I'm surprised I missed it.

11. Brendan Moody

Brendan Moody Vice Admiral Admiral

At a Q&A for the National Theatre production of Antigone, Eccleston was asked if he thought he had taken his portrayal of the Doctor as far as he could, and he answered, "No." He went on to say he thought most actors who played the Doctor (excluding Tom Baker) developed their portrayal of their character over their first series, and that one series wasn't enough to do all that could be done with the role. He repeated several times that there was "more to do" with the character than he accomplished in his series. I tend to think he meant "more to do if I hadn't disliked the production process and had been willing to stay for another couple years," not "more to do as in a box-ticking guest shot in a kitchen-sink event story," but some people have taken it as a sign that he'd be willing to return in some capacity.