Lost 5x08: "LaFleur"

Discussion in 'Lost' started by Agent Richard07, Mar 4, 2009.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

57.6%
  2. Above Average

31.8%
  3. Average

8.2%
  4. Below Average

1.2%
  5. Poor

1.2%
  1. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Re: the truce breaking. It looks like Amy and Paul snuck off the reservation for a romantic picnic, and thus intruded on the Natives' territory. The pair of Natives came across them and were going to kill them both for trespassing. .... What is the show "about" now? It's about the "war" coming, either between Ben and Widmore for control of the Island, or the Others and the present-day Dharma for control of the Island, or a new yet unseen party. Wasn't there a ComicCon thing about Dharma recruiting new employees to retake the Island in 2008 or something?

2. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

I thought Horace's line about "Jim" not being "DHARMA material" tied in neatly with this year's ARG aboout recruiting new DHARMA members.

3. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Lots of the Dharma stations are beyond the sonic fence. I think she was just having a picnic.

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

^^ Maybe they're allowed to travel along the roads but not leave the roads. There's also the subway to consider!

5. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Above Average.

The high-light was the few seconds with the statue, I was excited about that before everyone got ripped away. :mad: The scene between Sawyer and Richard was great too, and it was nice seeing more Dharma stuff. I just really hope they don't go back to the Jack/Kate/Sawyer/Juliet love quadrangle.

Poor Juliet, she is everyone's second choice. :(

6. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

what subway

7. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

E.E.P. Emergency Escape Protocol. There's underground tunnels throughout the Island. I can only assume there's some kind of transportation and you don't have to walk the entire way. Remember the Escape Hatch in the Staff? Remember the cabling map with all the underground tunnels? Remember the submarine which appears in a land-locked lake? Remember the still-smoldering cigarette when they discover the Pearl? Remember how Ben and Juliet magically disappear from the Pearl?

8. zengoth

zengoth Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

another excellent - i knew it was inevitable that Jack & Kate would show up @the end...and I wasn't looking forward to it. I wouldve enjoyed maybe one more episode of Sawyer & Juliet's 70s love shack.

but the time paradox stuff is what i really dine on. Things will start to fall into place quickly. Questions answered without realizing they were questions (how charlotte learned Korean, why certain people ended up on Ben's "list"). Soon preteen Ben will arrive on the island and we'll learn what turned him into a traitor for the Purge (besides his unloving father). If he falls for Juliet as a teen and then recruits Juliet again on purpose...well, that could mess up most folks' senses.

9. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Above Average. Next week (or two) looks as Excellent as it gets. :eek:

THREE YEARS with Dharma? :rommie: The mind boggles. Didn't anyone think, "hey lemme get on that sub so I can make some well timed investments in brand spanking new companies named 'Microsoft' and 'Apple'"? Sawyer and Juliet are models of loyalty. Then again, we didn't see what Miles and Faraday got up to.

Sawyer's first meeting (right?) with Richard Alpert was great. Now the Losties are the ones making eerie, cryptic statements and freaking people out. :p

I'm loving this show more than ever now that they've dropped the flashback structure.
    The statue has pointed ears! It's a Dominion invasion! :eek:

I love how we're all Juliet shippers around here. :rommie:

10. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

This episode wasn't very well pieced together. I liked it well enough, but there was just something missing. This was Mark Goldman's first career directing credit, so I'll cut him some slack... but he's no Jack Bender!

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Actually I recall earlier threads where a lot of people hated Juliet, which boggled my mind, but then a bunch of Juliet fans rose up in response ;)

12. Mallet

Mallet Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I assume that Rose & Bernard are dead now? They were traveling in time along with Sawyer & Co. so that means that they should have ended up stuck in 1974 along with the other losties, but if in the last 3 years Sawyer & Jin haven't found them then it is most likley that they died at the River's edge along with the last of the other survivors.

Or, I guess, the Other's might have found them and taken them in. Bernard & Rose as "hostiles" anyone?

13. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Arrgh...so clear now...the island is a Goa'uld mothership that got off course and crashed in the Pacific. :rommie:

It's "about" the notion that there are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy. Or Horace. Anyway, peeps shouldn't mess because they'll just mess things up.

Ultimately, humans need to gain the maturity to Leave the Island Alone.

Adam and Eve? :(

...or the fact that Charlotte's corpse went, uh, somewheres, makes her a prime candidate for Eve-hood. Daniel will be along shortly to join her. If she's centuries in the past, it will be "shortly" from her perspective.

14. Mallet

Mallet Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Does anyone know what year the Purge was in? Sometime in the 90's right?

15. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

16. [​IMG]

Back view of Anubis statue that presides over king Tut's tomb. Compare that with a still of the statue from last night's episode. The statue is pretty clearly Egyptian, especially with all the talk about the temple and the egyptian heiroglyphics everywhere.

17. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

If that is the case, then I'll be pissed! They are the heart-and-soul of the show, imo.

Sawyer is awesome in this episode. He and Jack are much stronger characters when Kate isn't around.

18. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

There's no way Rose and Bernard were killed off-screen. It's just a matter of actor availability, they can't get the two of them to stand around as background extras. So at some point later in the season we'll probably get a Rose/Bernard centric episode showing their time-displaced misadventures over the entire season.

19. cubbie

cubbie Vice Admiral Admiral

This is an amazing comparison

20. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.