168 Episode Countdown

Discussion in 'Web Sites/Design' started by DeathByTroggles, Nov 11, 2011.

1. DeathByTroggles

DeathByTroggles Ensign Newbie

Hey ya'll,

I'm new to the site. I hate for my first post to be a plug, but I'm not much of a message board guy. However, I do like meeting like-minded people, which is why I came here to make a plug in the first place.

On Monday over at my blog, I will begin counting down every episode of TNG, from worst to first. At one a day, it should take about eight months, but I think it's going to be a blast, and I would enjoy having company (and perhaps a few friendly arguments) for the ride. The best part is I have every post more or less typed up already, so there's no worries that this will be one of those blogs that dies about a third of the way through.

If you're interested, head on over to Death by Troggles.

Thanks!

2. BlueStuff

BlueStuff Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sounds very interesting, Troggles. I look forward to seeing the countdown, and your reasons for the placement of episodes!

3. AdmiralScreed

AdmiralScreed Captain Captain

Very cool! I would love to join in the discussion.

4. DeathByTroggles

Great! A fellow Minnesotan, too!

See you Monday, perhaps.

5. tafkats

tafkats Vice Admiral Admiral

I look forward to finding out which episodes fared worse than "Shades of Gray." :D

6. DeathByTroggles

Heh. I liken it to the Beatles songs I think are worse than Revolution #9

7. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

Clearly more suited to the Websites Forum, as it's really promoting someone's own site. Moving to that forum. I'll leave a redirect here though.

8. DeathByTroggles

9. The Dominion

The Dominion Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

"From worst to first?" So you're going to end on the first episode no matter what?

10. DeathByTroggles

The countdown has started!

@Dominion--You debating semantics? Is "worst to best" clearer?

11. BlueStuff

BlueStuff Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

An interesting choice for very worst. While I've hardly seen Too Short a Season placed highly on any Trek fans best lists, I've never really seen it given such criticism. It strikes me as an absolutely mediocre episode in every sense of the word. There are many worse ones I can think of, but this is your countdown.

I do remember reading a funny review of that episode though. The title of the review was.. get this..

Too Long a Season One. Guffaw!

12. AdmiralScreed

The first episode on your list is one of the few episodes that I can hardly remember. I'll have to rewatch it at some point to see if it's as bad as you say it is.

13. DeathByTroggles

You're not the first person to say that. And I guess that was my point. It's not memorable.

14. AdmiralScreed

Violations: I'll admit I enjoyed this episode quite a bit. Crusher's flashbacks to seeing her husband were the high points of the episode for me. Nevertheless, you bring up some very good points. The crew should have been able to deduce who the rapist was much sooner, but instead they kind of looked like fools.

New Ground: I didn't think this episode was that bad, but it was pretty forgettable. I never liked Alexander, although I liked that he was a little less annoying in this episode than in most.

I really like your list so far. I'm glad that you aren't just going with the crowd and choosing the episodes that most people put at the bottom of their list (Shades of Grey, Angel One, Justice, etc.).

Keep up the great work!

15. DeathByTroggles

Thanks, Admiral! My goal wasn't to be different, but I really tried to ask myself "How likely am I to watch this episode if it came on?" Some episodes are terrible, but have parts that I still enjoy (much like your feelings about Violations) and I rank them accordingly.

I'd love to see you comment on my site and interact with the rest of us passive-aggressive Minnesotans (mostly), but I'm happy to come back here, too. Let me know if you think there's a way I can present it more effectively.

16. adamconway

adamconway Ensign Red Shirt

Nice, its a wordpress theme. cool site.

17. DeathByTroggles

Thank you Mr. Conway

18. DeathByTroggles

This week begins the Top 100!

19. DeathByTroggles

The list has come to an end. Come check out which episode finished number one!

20. Quinton O'Connor

Quinton O'Connor Commodore Commodore

Huh, good timing for me to come upon this, I suppose. I look forward to reading. Thanks for the contribution to Trek fandom at-large! :techman: