Terminator-209 "Complications" - Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Nov 17, 2008.

?

Grade "Complications"

1. I'll be back! (Excellent)

34.1%
  2. Come with me if you want to live! (Above Average)

54.5%
  3. Thank you for explaining. (Average)

9.1%
  4. Hasta la vista, baby! (Below Average)

2.3%
  5. You are TERMINATED! (Failure)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Siwilliams

Siwilliams Fleet Captain

thought next episode was the last new one for a while, cool that there is two more new ones.

2. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Meanwhile NX is hoping that Cameron's moonlighting job IS being a stripper.

3. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Possibly three. I've heard rumors that the final episode of the first part of season two will air on December 15.

Schedule:
    11/24/08 - Strange Things Happen at the One-Two Point
    12/01/08 - Self Made Man
    12/08/08 - Alpine Fields
    12/15/08 - Earthlings Welcome Here

4. Siwilliams

Siwilliams Fleet Captain

Good, then they could definitely show the trailer to T4, and they should advertise that the trailer will air during the show, if they do that

5. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ At the moment there are no plans to air the Trailer during TSCC.

6. Siwilliams

Siwilliams Fleet Captain

Sh*t, seriously think it would boost ratings

7. MNM

MNM Captain Captain

....I fail to see how that could possibly be stupid ;)

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

What would be so cool is if the trailer was one of Sarah's nightmares.

9. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I'm not entirely sure of that personally.

10. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

More about the trailer:

Originally the trailer was to be aired with Quantum of Solace; however, Warner Brothers pulled it and it is being reworked. It is not scheduled for release as of yet.

11. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

By virtue of being so mind-numbingly obvious, right up with her being a high-priced call-girl. :shifty:

12. MNM

MNM Captain Captain

Meh, better this than something "out of left field" or "not obvious" like working at a convenience store.

13. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

Finally saw this episode last night and it took me a while to figure out that Charles Fisher and Charles Fisher were the same men. The changing of the future concept threw a nice wrench into the works, and Ellison's "double cross" will most certainly bite him in the ass.

Above Average.

14. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

No, time "started to loop" the second Arnie came back in T1. *That* Derek is long gone, timeline-wise.

15. Eric Cheung

Eric Cheung Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

She does seem to be suspicious of therapists, including Dr. Sherman. Unfortunately what he says is completely correct. Therapy won't be effective until she can find someone she trusts enough to reveal her place in the war against the machines from the future. If Dr. Sherman somehow discovered what was going on independently and believed it, then he could truly be someone there for all of the characters on the show.

That sounds like a really good idea for an episode actually. Maybe Ellison has a crisis of faith and decides to see Dr. Sherman, but understands that he'd be regarded as crazy if all he had was his story. So, he manufactures a situation which makes Sherman involved. Then Sherman has to struggle with the burden of this knowledge while trying to counsel his patients who also have that burden. It could make him empathetic or hesitant to counsel as he could feel too close to the situation.

16. Guy Gardener

Therapists, Psychologist, Psychiatrists... They're just prostitutes which you buy the advice of a well meaning concerned friend from.

17. highlander

highlander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Now THAT is classic Guy Gardener ladies and gentlemen! :guffaw:;)

18. Eric Cheung

Eric Cheung Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, if only because some people aren't in situations in which they can talk to people they know about sensitive personal topics therapy serves as a surrogate for that kind of outlet. Everybody needs someone in which to confide, and it's even better if that someone is an experienced listener who's studied the myriad problems people can have in both an academic and practical context.

But if therapy's not for someone then they probably need something like it, be it a friend with some distance from their current situation, or a mentor, or something.

19. Guy Gardener

There's nothing wrong with being a prostitute, they invented psychology, and 4 thousand years later Freud used Psychiatry as a beard to make husbands pay him to sleep with their wives.

They are interdisplacing disciplines of which neither is entirely innocent.

In my minds eye right now, I can see this Sherman Bloke trying to talk Skynet down from destroying Humanity 20 seconds before judgement day takes it's final shape.

I wonder what Skynet would make a movie like 2001?

And what's that one about the robot cowboy theme park that tries to sublimate man?

20. Quantum

Quantum Captain Captain

If that is the case then how do you explain that John was fathered by somebody was sent back from the future. That means that T1 wasn't the first loop. The only solution was that the "original" John Connor was fathered by somebody other than Kyle Reese.