Glee - Season Four

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by mswood, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There should be some drama over the identity of Rachel's baby's father. Then she could give it up for adoption. Then spiral out of control and after deciding she wants the baby back, she could try to set up the adoptive mother as unfit.

2. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

^^^ I know you mean this as a joke, but I really hope they don't recycle the exact same Quinn storyline for Rachel. If they do, they really need to get a new writing staff.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

How many kids from your year got knocked up before graduation?

Pregnant girls do get moved to a special ghetto school away from the good boys and girls as well as the cads who knocked them up... Fairs fair, the inseminaters should get moved to their own private work farm too before they ruin any more virtuous young girls... Not that some girls can't be dominant or predatory, because this world is totally equal opportunity supposedly.

So I'm watching the Band during the Spice Girls number and two things struck... The girl on key board with pink hair needs her own spin off show STAT, and when the camera pulls a close up on the drummer boy I am certain he's rolling his eyes.

Did the producer not notice, or did the wise producer leave this dissent in the final cut as some forshadowing to a geek civil war between Glee Club and the Band Class?

Seriously, her face was a blur, I have no idea what she looks like, just on the pink hair alone, HER OWN SHOW NOW!

Can you imagine something like the bat signal?

The Bandgeeks are minding there own business and then some one fires off the Glee signal, and they all rush from the four corners of the school to heed tot he every whim of the Glee Club.

4. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've gotten really tired of the show. Not sure if it's the NYC group or the Lima group or both. Or just the writing in general. And I know I'm tired of Shue and Sue. Her character is just too unbelievable and I'm tired of telling myself, "well, it's just a tv show, they're allowed literary license." I really don't like the idea of ruining peoples' lives and then, oh she's sensitive. It's not Jane Lynch I have a problem with, it's the writers/directors/whomever.

5. Guy Gardener

Marijuana is a gateway drug to cocaine, then heroin. There's some place to go when you're clocked the level. But once you've mastered TV, that's it. Nowhere to go or level up to... TV is the final product, it's the gateway to nothing. If TV doesn't give you your jollies anymore you have to go find a new drug to keep you agitated and alive on the inside like stamp collecing, your family, nature, fast cars or crime.

For your own safety artificially arrest your devolpment before you find yourself robbing a bank, or worse making babies, just to re-find the simple glee you used to get from Glee.

6. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've given up on the show. At first it was the NYC group, but then I realized, I wasn't big on the Lima group anymore, either.

As to what gave me glee from Glee, as a fan of covers, it's been the songs, more than the story-lines or even the characters. There's still plenty of ways to hear/buy/etc. the music from the show, without watching it.

7. propita

Yeah, some of the cover songs are better than the originals! But I've even gotten tired of those!

Another show bites the dust in my watching.

8. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

My interest in the show has actually been revived this year, especially now that Santana is back in it full-time.

9. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

^Same here. My two favorite episodes this season deal with the most silly of subjects, Superheroes and Guilty Pleasures. Not only that, but the last two weeks have featured my guilty pleasure groups of the 90s, BSB, NSync, and the Spice Girls (At the time I was, what, 14-16 years old). Is Glee Flawed? Yes, but I have been enjoying this season more than the last two. I keep hearing that Season 4 is the new Season 1 and there's a lot of truth in that statement.

10. ialfan

ialfan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's a guilty pleasure but I anticipate new episodes this season as much as ever. Sure there have been quite a few creative decisions that I don't agree with but there's still enough I enjoy about it that it's one of the only shows I bother watching anymore.

11. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

It's a far cry from the brlliance of season 1 and 2. Season 3 made me quit and only when a friend (who was equally turned off and whom i initially turned to Glee) told me that season 4 is actually shaping up to be quite good did i start watching again.

It's ok.. it's not as bad as season 3 with a few exceptions but once in a while i find myself skipping ahead to the next music number to see if it's worth it. Well.. i'm mid 30s and school drama is was beyond me so i don't believe i'm missing much.

12. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

With Blake, Chord, and the new Puckerman, and of course, Darren, the series has its eye candy. Since (after the first 13 episodes) it was never anything seriously more than eye/ear candy to begin with, I suppose that's good enough for me. For now.

13. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Next season is really iffy for me. I hate everything that happens in New York. There hasn't been a single interesting thing to come out of that plot thread.

BUT, back in Lima I don't think that-- outside of Unique and Kitty--the 2.0 cast can carry the show.

So once the current senior cast moves on to reoccurring character status, I'm not sure what's going to hold me to the series.

14. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just curious what did everyone think of Last night's episode of Glee. I've been thinking about the episode quite a bit today, and there's really only one thing that I kept coming back to:

Is there a right time and place to do an episode like this? I mean yes it's based in a High School and school shootings are the topic de jour at the moment, but Glee had just come back from a 3 week hiatus and this was an episode we came back to. I hadn't kept up with Glee promos in those three weeks, so I was racking my brain trying to come up with what the last episode was about. I think it was the guilty pleasures episode but the story is still fuzzy. I just felt for them to bring Glee back with a story that's "ripped from the headlines" instead of continuing the stories that we had (Again, I'm trying to remember those stories) before the break seemed really really surprising to me.

Also, the more I think about this episode the more I find it insulting and exploitive, and one of the reasons for that is they made Becky the one who had the gun. Way to, once again, spit all over the mentally disabled. I almost get this sense that the Mentally disabled have become the new scapegoats like the Muslims became after 9/11. To exploit that in this episode and to extend that thought felt disingenuous and unfortunate.

I did think the scene in the choir room was one of the most gripping scenes in the series though. They really portrayed the subject of losing innocence and that "safety net" really well and the episode would have been a lot better had they continued that part of the story. Instead we are left thinking if Jane Lynch is really leaving the series, and that is, again, unfortunate.

15. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

16. ialfan

ialfan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I quite enjoyed it. I'd rank it in my top five episodes this season. I thought everyone gave it their all with their performances and Jane Lynch never fails to impress. I didn't miss NYC for once and thought the directing was top notch also. This was the first episode the newbies seemed truly interesting to me and the first time I could see myself enjoying a show focused on just them. Not that I want that of course.

I am enjoying Ryder's catfishing story-line and have no idea who it could be. I look forward to finding out in the season finale. The first third of the episode being so "uneventful" really helped convey how random a huge event can be.

It doesn't matter that it wasn't an actual shooting and I don't consider it a ploy to grab ratings since it wasn't even mentioned in ANY of the promos aired for the show. It was refreshing to see a "shooting" from the viewpoint of the victims and how the event (real or not) has a huge impact on their lives.

17. Guy Gardener

When they did this in Greys Anatomy, they lost 4 supporting characters and gave a couple of the leads sex scars.

Does her breakdown have anything to do with Beckie trying to frakk Artie a couple weeks back?

If he went through with it, or rejected her, either eventuality could be traumatizing.

(I saw this Downs Syndrome Fellah having sex with a prostitute at a wedding on Legit earlier today. His money is as good as anyone elses? Meh?)

18. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

The first half of the episode was amazing and when the gun went off I almost couldn't believe it was happening. I was transfixed. But then the shooting was revealed and I can't help but think it was a bit of a let down. I mean, I like the idea the Sue is being noble and protecting Becky, but I think it would have been more powerful had there been an actual shooting and one or two of the characters had died (I actually thought there were going this way when Tina wasn't in the room).

Also, Sue's last words to Figgins seemed to be in defense of gun ownership, which to me was at odds with what the episode was trying to prevent.

The Catfish storyline is interesting. I thought it would turn out to be Unique.

I liked that Ken Tanaka is Bieste's match :lol:

19. propita

Ken Tanaka "cameo"? Great!!

The shooting? Actually not bad, imo. The absence of information was an interesting take. Rarely is it shown what is going on with everyone else--the scared waiting and not-knowing what the hell is going on. Is it clear? Is the killer coming your way? Is the pounding at the door the killer or another innocent trying to hide?

As for Sue, I'm hoping she's gone. I really like Jane Lynch, but Sue was written WAY more schizo than even Janeway! She's bad, she's bad, she's awful, her actions are criminal...and then she redeems herself. Repeat for a few more episodes. Repeat for the next season, too. While it may have been fun to portray, Lynch is too good of an actress to not have gotten tired or frustrated or something with the inconsistencies. Hopefully, she has other good roles lined up.

20. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Jane Lynch is still on the show, she is just not in the school, she is under contract and can't have other roles most likely.