Will Jesus be appearing in Supernatural this season?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by wamdue, Jan 25, 2009.

1. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

just some random musings after seeing the first two episodes (UK pace)

so Lilth plans to set Lucifer free, and for the first time in 2000 years Angels are walking the earth trying to help, does this mean that when Jesus was first born to help prevent Lucifer being freed, or a reaction to Lucifer being freed?

so am I the only one who thinks that this season may feature the 2nd coming of Jesus?

that or I get the feeling ive seen that play out on South Park at some stage.

Hopefully we also get an answer to the whole "why does God do nothing" thing, personally I think its because he also needs to be freed like Lucifer, and the Angels are not acting under his guidance, but under there own beliefs.

lets not go crazy with the spoilers

2. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

My guess, and I'm only in a few more episodes than you, is that God is maybe not so good. I think they might be a threat that the boys will have to take on.

3. Ben Sisko3

Ben Sisko3 Commodore Commodore

Uh...I don't think so.

4. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

No, the concept of "God" will remain shrouded in mystery on this show.

5. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

^ so we are not going to see any higher up than the Angels?

6. Tulin

Tulin Vice Admiral Admiral

With the most wonderful man in the world!
    I am NOT happy with the direction the show has taken this season.

You cannot "do" God in any way that depicts what the "ultimate being" should be like. It's as if nobody on the SN writing team ever saw "Star Trek V".

The problem is(as it also is in real life)is that when the shit starts hitting the fan, why doesn't "The Great and Powerful Oz"........errrr, I mean "God" actually DO something?!? As soon as you place some kind of limitation on "God" he ceases to BE "God".

Weak and lame and I am getting tired of this season's storyline barely nine eps in.

7. Dorian Thompson

On the contrary, it's the strongest season of the series. Dean has very much asked, "Why isn't God helping?" God doesn't bother to explain Himself in real life, so why should He on the show? ;) The point of the season isn't to depict God in any specific way. The point is what's happening to Sam and Dean as a result of it. The strain is getting ever worse. Sam is well on his way to hell on that road paved with good intentions. He gave into Ruby last Thursday and I don't mean sexually. Full on lying to his brother again.

8. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

^ yes I quite like where the direction the show has started to head down, Sam using his powers (& has gotten rather good with them) there is no way that can end well, lying to Den about it, even without God or a Jesus like figure, I think we are in for a good ride this season

9. Dorian Thompson

No, wamdue, we aren't going to see any higher than the angels. Remember, only four or so individual angels have even seen God. The rest of the angels also take his existence on faith.

10. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Damn...it's been a long time since I watched Supernatural. They're finally going down this road...I may have to start watching.

11. Dorian Thompson

Dude, you stopped watching just when it got great. :cool: Dean getting out of hell resonated. Dean being in hell resonated. The man suffered and you can feel it.

Introduction of the angel. Bad ass, dude. Perfection with the casting. Get with the program. :evil:
    Why did you do it?

12. Aquehonga

Aquehonga Fleet Captain

Who would play Jesus:confused: Bruce Vilanch is my choice. The only choice.

If the Devil shows up, it'd be an ironic sin not to have Ray Wise play him.

Why the eff not:wtf::confused:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  13. Dorian Thompson

Somehow, I don't think TPTB would cast Lucifer for comedy in this show. The demons aren't even sure Lucifer exists, either. They also take it on faith. None of them have ever seen him. Of course with Manners passing away last night it's going to be a struggle for the whole cast the remainder of this season. Very shocking.

14. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

WTF

Kim Manners died. That is so not cool. That is really, really going to hurt the show.

15. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Kim Manners died?! Holy shit.

16. Dorian Thompson

Lung cancer. It's not cool because they're all hurting pretty bad. Jim Beaver sounded really broken up about it on his myspace page. You know how close the cast and crew are on this program, mswood. It's got to be crushing. Even on the gag reels--that was Kim that Jared was screaming at that he was gonna kick his 5'4'' ass because he was making fun of him for not being able to open the window.:lol: Manners was the glue. :(

But they'll make it. They're strong. They won't want the show to go down the toilet. Manners wouldn't want that.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  17. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This will be a huge blow to the whole production crew in Vancouver. Be all accounts it is an extremely close group.

Of course with the themes of this show, it certainly could help the cast with getting to darker and sadder places.

But damn, what a shame.

18. Othello

Othello Commodore Commodore

If they show Lucifer I wanna see John Glover play the part.

19. darkshadow0001

darkshadow0001 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Might be so. I don't think even Michael Landon's "Highway to Heaven" had Jesus in it.

Although I think it might be a cool concept, bring Jesus in at least one episode to give Sam & Dean some pointers to help them out. Peter Griffen met Jesus, so why not Sam & Dean? :)

20. darkshadow0001

darkshadow0001 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nah, John Glover would actually make a better Jesus then Lucifer. He doesn't have the look or feel for the part. He might be evil in Smallville, but I don't know if he'd work for Supernatural.