What next for Mass Effect?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by HotRod, Mar 12, 2011.

1. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm starting to hope that The Old Republic bombs spectacularly after the first month and scares Bioware away from the MMO market.

2. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

I'd have to concur,
    These sort of game styles tend to niche me out because I'm not a GAMER even though I spend a lot of time playing Battlefield Bad Company and Mass Effect there is something more obscessive about the Mass Multiple player Online genre. (or what ever it's called.)

3. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Doubtful since TOR has set a new record for EA in terms of pre-order. If the game is anywhere near as good as the early buzz suggests then TOR will be about for many years to come. However no need to fear because I doubt even if an MMO Mass Effect came out that EA would stop making console games in the universe.

Also any MMO would be 4-5 years away as I doubt EA would want to have TOR & ME mmo's competing in the near future and MMO's longer to make.

4. MNM

MNM Captain Captain

There have been many, many (...many) games over the years where that hasnt happened though.

5. HotRod

HotRod Commodore Commodore

It's Bioware and it's Mass Effect. I have complete faith in their ability to make Mass Effect 3 one of the greatest games ever made.

So yeah...It'll be an "alright" game.

On a side note. I'm so proud of Bioware for being a canadian company. Hell, in my eyes Commander Shepard IS Canadian.

6. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Shepard is from Mindoir, bro. :p

7. 6079SmithW

6079SmithW Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Or Earth. Or a space ship. :p

8. Skywalker

Nope! Definitely Mindoir. :shifty:

9. HotRod

HotRod Commodore Commodore

Mean streets of Edmonton more like it.

10. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Navy brat (albeit a Canadian one) all the way;)

11. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I have so many Sheps, they're from everywhere and have done everything! ;)

Incidentally, I just this week finally got the last achievement on ME1. That is to say I got a Shep leveled all the way up to lv60! Took two playthroughs (well, one and a third really, didn't take as much grinding as I'd feared) but I must say, a fully levelled up Adept is hysterically overpowered. Also, by that point money becomes utterly meaningless. Seriously, I had top tier equipment for *everyone* (even Kaiden) and I was still maxed out on both creds and omnigel.

Next up, ME2 insanity playthrough with an Adept. Luckily, a Lv60 ME1 import lands you at Lv5-6 ish right from the outset, so that'll help a bit...still going to hurt. A lot.

12. The Master of Tarquin Hill

The Master of Tarquin Hill Commodore Commodore

I was hoping I could get a little help and I suppose this thread is as good as anywhere else to ask for it.

I have never been able to get the "I'm getting a lot of bullshit on this line" dialogue. I believe it occurs in the last convo w/ TIM and that it is a middle choice. At least, that is what I've seen on youtube. Is there some requirements/choices that have to be met for this dialogue?

I'm thinking about doing yet another Vanguard and I would really like to hear this!

13. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

IIRC you just pick the first renegade dialogue option. I don't think there's any prerequisites besides the obvious (blowing up the base rather than leaving it intact.) I'm sure I've had that line with both a Paragon and a Renegade Shep, so it's nothing to do with alignment. Oh, and yes, it is in the last transmission to TIM after the suicide mission.

14. The Master of Tarquin Hill

You see, that is part of my problem. I have done all para and all ren characters and I don't remember ever getting this w/ my 100% ren character. My last couple of playthroughs I have had para and ren both maxed out before I even talk to TIM at the end and I am wondering if that is part of the problem.

15. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Well in your full renegade run did you leave the base intact? If so then the option wouldn't have appeared. Conversely if you're playing as a full paragon then you probably picked the para dialogue option.

16. The Master of Tarquin Hill

Blow the base and 1st ren. I'll try it that way next time.

17. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^Pretty sure that'll work. In my last playthrough I kept to mostly paragon choices, but chose almost exclusively renegade dialogue options. It made for some very interesting scenes.

18. Skywalker

I tried to find a clip on YouTube, but all of the ones I could find had Shepard either going pure Paragon ("Joker, lose this channel.") or pure Renegade ("If you want to help, great. Otherwise, stay out of my way."). I know I got the line you're looking for on one of my playthroughs (mostly Paragon/occasionally Renegade FemShep), but I can't remember what the dialogue choice was.

19. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

20. The Master of Tarquin Hill

Yeah, that was the video I was talking about earlier. That guy was a moron. That final battle was pathetic.

Anyways, I think what I missed on that vid was his quick change to the ren option right at the end. He let it hang on the middle option and that is why I assumed that was right.

Thanks for the detective work. I appreciate the help!