(UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Jax, Apr 1, 2008.

1. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

All I know is that this result - well done Blackpool - coupled with Everton's first win of the season, coupled with how bad Liverpool are at the moment, means there could be one hell of a Merseyside derby in a little under a fortnight's time.

Though I daresay the usual Everton superiority will be broken by the usual Gerrard rocket shot fluke!

2. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I could never understand all these other clubs being brought who waste the money they had before any takeover but Everton with Moyes/Kenwright who do good by their club can't seem to attract any investor. With Liverpool on its knees, Everton have the chance to put the boot in their rivals but they need to sort out there main issue...

Strikers because there defence is solid and there midfield is crazy strong IMO for a non top 4 team, just injuries ruin them too often.

3. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Capello names his ENG squad and well :rolleyes:

SWP not even playing for Man City. Gary Cahill booted out the squad but Lescott whose not a regular in Citys squad is kept.

If SWP gets in then Owen should be in, I mean KEVIN DAVIES :scream: :scream: 33 year old never played with ZERO chance of making it to Euro 2012.

Lennon form does not deserve the call up either and Carson been much better than Green. If it wasn't for injuries I would of dropped Rooney but he should not start at at all, either Bent/Crouch or Bent as lone striker.

Same old Capello.

4. HappyDayRiot

Lescott has played the last 3-4 games for City hasn't he?

Poor squad at any rate. SWP boggles the mind.

5. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Hes played a few at left back but has not played them all unlike Cahill, who is better anyway.

6. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Rooney been saying for the past week he needs to find his anger again to help him on the pitch, well this should help...

Now Rooney is a complete idiot but this bit I find fucking digusting...

WTF :wtf:. I think Macheda may find out that quite a lot of his fans are working class and this comment will not go down well with them, rooney or Fergie.

7. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Sounds like just a nicer way to say "chav" or "white trash" which surely applies to Rooney.

8. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Well he should say that because coming from a working class family, I find it pretty offensive remark. I might go on the Utd Forums because I would love to see their reactions.

9. Roger Wilco

Meh. How well does Macheda even speak English? It's probably not a good idea to say something like that about a team mate, let alone the star on the team, but it's probably a bit unfair to take an inconsiderate comment like that too seriously.

10. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Man Utd doesn't have any working class fans, at least that's what Roy Keane said :lol:

11. HappyDayRiot

Who cares? It's not like any of their fans live in Manchester to get at him anyway :D

12. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

This is true...they'd all be too busy buying green and yellow scarves to care anyway.

13. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

It gets worse...

:wtf: What The Hell.

14. Roger Wilco

Wait, what? They made 100 million pounds profit but their debt still increased?

15. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How can United be so much in debt and we never hear a thing yet Liverpool have waaaaaay less debt and it's all 9 point deductions and administration threats?

16. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

^ Actually Liverpool would avoid the 9 point penalty but I can't remember the actual reason why.

17. HappyDayRiot

^ Because their holding company doesn't actively do anything financially for the club, I believe. Unlike Southampton and Portsmouth. There was something in the Guardian explaining it a couple of days ago.

18. HappyDayRiot

Ah, scratch that. The BBC are reporting the points deduction is a very possible outcome if the owners continue to block the sale until the 15th deadline when RBS come in. It is indeed due to the intricacy of the link between the club and its holding company, Kop Holdings. KH would go into administration due to the blocked sale, and apparently it's difficult to argue the link isn't sufficient.

That said, Scudamore and co have final say on whether the deduction occurs. This could get VERY interesting - would they REALLY let this happen to the second biggest club in the country.

19. Roger Wilco

Hm, 9 points is kind of harsh, that almost certainly shatters any dreams of Europe this year and makes relegation a less remote (though still unlikely) possibility.

20. Iasius

Iasius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

3-0 vs Turkey. A bit higher than deserved, but a good game against what most consider our main rival in our qualification group.

Now looking forward (hopefully) to the summary of Austria's game and the three goals by Werder Bremen players. Austria is now second in the group with one less game than 3rd placed Turkey.