Merlin series 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Bob The Skutter, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Series 3 will be starting on the Saturday 11th of September on BBC One and in HD.

2. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Sweet! Season 3, bring it on! :techman:

3. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I was glad to hear that Syfy is going to be airing Season 3 here in the States.

4. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

not a bad show, but anyone else well past tired of the same old "merlin saves the day, but can't tell anyone, so acts like an idiot while Arthur takes credit" schtick? They've had 2 seasons, and haven't really changed anything from the very first episode, aside from Morgana arbitrarily inching towards becoming the bad guy (yes, i know she IS eventually, but they introduced her as too nice, and didn't really change that until just recently, where she just 'went bad', and without very good reasoning, given the established personality)

5. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

this year's got more 'mature' storylines to it, according to interviews in this month's SFX. not full on gore, tits, ass and sex, but more grown up. there's not going to be any backsliding like they did at the beginning of season 2. this time you need to know what happened or catch up fast. they're also keeping characters around more instead of bumping them off like before.

Sir Gawain's appearing and so will

Gwen's brother

6. Wynterhawk

Wynterhawk Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Fantastic. I enjoy this show. While it does have it's minor failings, I think it's presenting a rather entertaining retelling of the story. It'll be good to starting watching the third season. :)

7. KB24

KB24 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Wow I really hope things get kicked up a notch this season! Moving the storyline up a year later will allow for a few things, too, I imagine- as opposed to the retcon at the beginning of season 2. Glad to see the show getting heavy and getting stateside love!

8. cultcross

cultcross Postponed for the snooker Moderator

Quite looking forward to this myself. I thought season 2 was a distinct improvement on season 1 overall (troll episodes notwithstanding), so I'm hoping for more in season 3.
    More than anything else I think it's time to move on with the character stories, and develop the relationships a bit more towards the eventual goals. And whatever the conclusion is to the dragon thing, please don't lets have him in the cellar dispensing wisdom again?

9. Bob The Skutter

Well they say this series will be a little darker and it won't be resetting the characters again but we'll see.

10. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

it's a year later, so that's a change right there...

11. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I'm just wondering when Morgause is back :lol:

12. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

She appears don't worry.

As for the will arthur ever find out crapfest expect that to continue. As the Producers say they love that aspect of the show and see no real reason to ever end it...... Kill me.

As for everything else, the first two episode were screened last week and the reviews have been strong. As mentioned before no back peddling (like the start of season 2 which put Arthur & Merlin relationship back near the very start of the first season of which I was very vocally critical of), and they are saying these two episodes (at least) are much darker, and show growth across the board. Not only in character but plot as well.

13. crookeddy

crookeddy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Where is it that the characters have to grow without Arthur finding out about Merlin's magic? Honestly, if this doesn't happen soon, I will be dropping this show, as it has nowhere to go, other then in circles.

14. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I'm hoping in the end Merlin revealing he's magic to Arthur will be a bit like John Barrowman coming out that he was gay to his family.

"How stupid do you think I am, Merlin? I've known since episode 3!"

I can see their point, the entire premise of the show has been based around Arthur not knowing, and a lot of the humour in their relationship does stem from Arthur thinking Merlin is a bit of a dolt, but eventually they have to reveal all, or else make Arthur look as foolish as Lois Lane.

"Losis, I'm from the future and the people there have only one question. How stupid are you!"

15. Bob The Skutter

^I can actually hear him saying more or less that line with his cocky inflection he has when he thinks he's stating the blindingly obvious to Merlin.

16. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

:lol: So can I!

17. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looking forward to it, but it's not on HD, just BBC1 and BBC3.

18. Bob The Skutter

It is in HD, just not the first week it looks like.

19. omgahitsbritt08

omgahitsbritt08 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I live in the U.S. I was told they canceled that show. Maybe, I was misinformed.

20. Bob The Skutter

In the US NBC cancelled it but Syfy picked it up and showed series 2 and have the rights to series 3.