Star Wars Episode 7 - 2015

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Oct 30, 2012.

1. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Bring it on! I love this.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

What is the source of the one of him in the Forrest? I guessing of another Jedi from a comic? Its beautiful.

3. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That beard is really working for Hamill. I hope he has one if we see him again, it gives him that, well... Old Mentor guy vibe.

If she isn't in ANH, where she gets her own story for a decent chunk of the film that has nothing directly to do with our heroes, then how could she be in ESB or ROTJ?

4. Blue_Trek

Blue_Trek Captain Captain

5. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Too old. Recast. ;)

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Leia goal was to get the Death Star plans to Kenobi, so it could be stopped. So in the end its Luke and Han who achieve her goal.

7. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

She is a passive observer for much of the movie after her capture by Vader. I would say in regards to story/screentime/character presence, the droids combined have more than she does.

8. Blue_Trek

Blue_Trek Captain Captain

Want a Mara Jade in E7

link

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2012
  9. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Re: Want a Mara Jade in E7

Are those Bugleboy jeans?

10. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm for keeping Mark in the all black outfit he had in Jedi... Seems more fitting... Little bit of the Dark to go with the Light... Obi Wan could pull off the brown and tan, but with Luke, it just looks off...

11. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

Besides, black is slimming...

12. royalfan5

royalfan5 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I could only see pure awesome from this scenario. I want to know what they call a Quarter Pounder with Cheese on Coruscant, or hear the phrase Basic, *&^%$#@(#%, Do you speak it? Or see a Sith Lord torture someone to a Gerry Rafferty classic. A Jedi with a baseball bat instead of a lightsaber would be sweet too.

13. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Now here's an interesting rumor, that gets around the dilemma of the OT actors being too old and fugly to draw in the global blockbuster movie crowd:

Luke doesn't have a daughter in the EU - yet. ;) So there you have the ability to get Hamill, Ford and Fischer back in the movie, as a bridge to focusing the action on younger and prettier actors.

I personally would want Disney eventually to show us the story of how Young Miss Skywalker came to be. But there's an infinite span of time ahead of us for them to delve into all that.

Right now, they are in the same position as Star Trek, only less dire. People know the brand but they have the notion that it's irrelevant and kind of sucky. One kickass movie, and All Will Be Forgiven.

There's also speculation about a live TV series, but we've heard that song and dance before...

14. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Which is basically what we've all been saying in this entire thread. :p

15. Temis the Vorta

I do agree that Disney wouldn't turn down the opportunity to get the OT actors back as a bridge to the new characters that will drive the story forward, but the notion that they would stake their billion dollar franchise on wrinkly ass Mark Hamill is a non-starter.

After all there's only one time when they could get the OT actors back, and that's now. They have all the time in the world to do whatever they want in the future, including showing us younger versions of the OT characters.

16. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

And nobody suggested they do that.

17. Temis the Vorta

I'm not so much worried about what you guys might do, since you can't do much of anything anyway. I'm more concerned about Disney, although concerned is not the right word, more like "trying to figure out their game plan," that being a fun game.

Of course their game plan is to do everything. Get Hamill back as Luke, recast Luke, whatever will make $$$. They're going to be making movies long after we're all dead and gone (which is kind of a sobering thought. :()

18. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Wow, what an original thought! I don't think anyone here has ever had that particular idea before! Oh, wait.

19. Yeah, i'm pretty sure "it's set 20-30 years later" has been the prime speculation from the moment the movies were announced. Nobody has ever really suggested it be set a few years later.

I think most people are in agreement, Luke as the Obi-Wan type figure is the way to go. It works age-wise, it works story-wise in a symmetry sort of way, and Mark Hammil just looks cool in all those mock-up posters we're seeing :)

20. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

By all means, let's cast our principals from a young, vapid generation that don't act real good and have no clue what SW is really about.

Because that worked so well last time.