CJ1701's Current Project: U.S.S Pike

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Cjohnson1701, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

Lovely work.

--Alex

2. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

The D seemed to be on the verge of destruction after even a single disruptor blast. Maybe a "militarized" Starfleet isn't a bad thing. Then again, ships are only as tough as the writers want them to be, so eh.

As an aside, I never thought Starfleet was "non-military" until about mid-24th century with Picard and them. To be honest, I found it to be a thing of arrogance that Picard believed Starfleet was an institution of pure exploration. It took Q shoving them into the Delta Quadrant to realize that Starfleet had become complacent and stagnant. Then again, Gene Roddenberry kinda went into full hippie mode with TNG.

3. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Very cool ship. Looking forward to seeing it when it's done.

4. Ensign Ro-

Ensign Ro- Commander Red Shirt

My only critique...love it. This is a very cool and original design. I've been enjoying following your progress.

5. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

The dual saucer support pylons would look interesting as nacelle support structures on a more conventional connie ship--aft firing torps, docking port, etc.

6. Cjohnson1701

Cjohnson1701 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Aye. That is true, While I did like TNG as a kid/teen, even now. I now feel that Starfleet got really arrogant in the first couple of seasons of TNG.

The way I see Starfleet should be is exactly like Adm. Markus says it, "Starfleet's approach has always been to extend a hand of greeting and friendship to whoever we encounter - while keeping a fully charged phaser ready in our back pocket."

Sometimes the writers realize this, and we get classics, like The WoK, TUC, FC, Ds9's Dominion Arc. Honestly my favorite Trek is the stuff done by Nicolas Meyer. Either hoo moving on.

OOOOOOOOOooooo. I like that idea. I'll credit you if I tackle the Connie refit. Speaking of which.

For my next project, I was thinking of:
    1. A Revamped Galaxy Glass
    2. JJ Excelsior. With design undertones of a Space Carrier.
    3. JJ Refit Connie
    4. Something from the prime Universe. Either Lost era, or post STO. No Temporal Cold War bollocks.
    5. John Harriman. You know, The other guy who got kirk killed off in Generations. In a slightly cartoon style.

SO tell me what you think on that. I'm not putting up a poll or anything, just comment or PM, preferably PM since I get it sent to my email and I don't check this thread often enough.

Anyhoo I don't usually post with out pics.... So with further ado. 'Ere we go!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think she'll be getting a bit more work till I'm ready to texture.

7. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

This ship is awesome.

--Alex

8. Cjohnson1701

Just doing some texturing and shading tests. Definitely not final

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy:p

9. Starship

Starship Captain Captain

Oh, she´s a beauty! :techman:

10. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Beauty indeed :)

11. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I really like this. She has a unique configuration, and all though much of her resembles the familiar, she also blends in unique design elements in very well.

And speaking of both ramifications and critique, the Pike currently has no aft phasers and practically no broadside phasers, other than the saucer port and starboards.
    I think that Starfleet would give their ships better firing arcs, especially in the category of defensive fire, post Vulcan.

I'm actually not certain that the Ambassador or Galaxy class may or may not exist, it is hard to say, especially considering that the Galaxy class did make it into some sort of production in the Federation-Klingon War timeline, though who is to say that it is not possible that the Galaxy class had been in the conceptual stages before war began?

The Ambassador and Galaxy classes might still make it, but they could look drastically different, they might not even be called the Ambassador or Galaxy class, and they probably be much more heavily armed, armored, and perhaps better shielded and even faster and more maneuverable, so that any attack on one of them would be costly to the attacker(s).

12. Cjohnson1701

Just a quick update then back to bed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Should be finished the nacelles soon.

13. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Beautiful as always!

Question about the primary hull aztecking - do you plan on curving the texture mapping to follow the curve of the hull or are you keeping it straight-angled? I only ask because it appears to me almost as a spider web pattern with a kind of optical illusion making it look like the aztecking is actually curving inward against the curve of the hull. I know it's really not doing that, but there's definitely a trick of the eye going on there. I would recommend curving it outward to match the hull, but of course it is ultimately your design. Other than that, absolutely love it! :techman:

14. surak-toc

surak-toc Commander Red Shirt

That's a beautiful ship, one that scotty himself would be proud of

15. Cjohnson1701

Got the nacelles textured, just got to tweak everything and do the lighting!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy:techman:

16. largo

largo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

damn.

17. The Librarian

The Librarian Commodore Commodore

Very cool. I especially like the nacelles, as well as how the connecting struts wrap about the secondary hull. My only quibble is the back of the upper pod, having it blank feels wrong. I think it'd be a good idea to stick some kind of aft weapon there, like a torpedo tube or phaser bank. Maybe both, since there's no aft phasers anywhere else.

18. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hot Damn thats a awesome and slick looking space ride :)

19. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

A variation with the secondary hull hanging from the two nacelles might be worth a sketch or two.

20. Cjohnson1701

Doing some lighting on the Saucer...

[​IMG]