Voyager Fanfics, Creations, and Favorite Videos

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Caprica_Six, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Purdy Bear

Purdy Bear Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

2. T.D. Possum

T.D. Possum Commodore Commodore

3. froot

froot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Guarding the Compound with the Grey Wardens
    Re: Favorite Voyager Videos

I've never seen Little Britain (it pops up on Netflix sometimes) but this video makes me want to watch it. :lol::lol:

4. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

5. T.D. Possum

6. froot

:rommie: I'm honored to bookend that one! I love her new YoH vid. It knocked me straight out of my chair with its epic! I'm glad she's suddenly kicking out good vids left and right, too. I wish I worked even close to that fast.

The Resolutions video is also beautifully done and a real tear-jerker, but I must admit, even as a J/Cer, that that's one episode I don't much dig past the bathtub, cuddling under the table, and Angry Warrior scenes. I even have a hard time sitting through videos dedicated solely to that episode, even masterful ones.

At least scorey's video focuses on the crew, and not so much on the planet-side stuff.

I guess Janeway in that pink dress is to me what Janeway and the burned pot roast is to you. :lol: :lol: And when she's flailing around in that plasma storm like a moron and needs big ol' Chakotay to save her... oy. :scream: This is the woman who made the personification of Fear wet himself. And she's flailing. In a plasma storm. In a pink dress. baaaggghhh

7. T.D. Possum

High five, sister!

8. Purdy Bear

Purdy Bear Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

:guffaw: I totally agree, but I think they were trying to show her out of her comfort zone. This I dont think would ever happen Janeway just doesnt have a comfort zone!:bolian:

9. T.D. Possum

That's why I like the vid Scorey did. She leaves out all that stuff and focuses on the reactions of the crew. Made me want to hug Tuvok.

10. JanewayRulz!

:vulcan: Is Tuvok awesome.... or what! :rommie:

I always assumed that "blowing her around" scene was just a reminder that strong as one is... sometimes there are other forces that just overpower you. Like when Harry Kim was sucked out of the ship on "Deadlocked".

Chakotay, that great big block of wood, as some heartless people call him ;) is Janeway's ballast. He grounds her, whether from a plasma storm or from her own psyche when she's torturing crewmen from another ship.

11. froot

*high fives AMG*

Well, I mean, I love when he's acting as her ballast under the table ;) ;) ;) And in Equinox, because I'm a bad person and like that episode. I think it's just the combo of her flailing around coupled with that dress that gives me a sour taste in my mouth. (Or it could be because I need to go brush my teeth.)

12. T.D. Possum

Well, the thing that bugs me is just the overall stupidity of the set up. "Alas! These two sexy people must either live together in a small hut for the rest of their lives or DIE. Plus there's an outdoor bathtub!" I think that was the "plot" that they were going to use on Enterprise for T'Pol and Trip, before they changed it to Vulcan back rub booty calls.

So, yeah, I can dig Chak being Janeway's ballast and helping her not get carried away and all that - but - I mean, once you start with a premise as dumb as this one, everything you throw in there is automatically going to look more and more like a burned pot roast.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  13. JanewayRulz!

^^Speaking of that... I assume the burned pot roast example ticks you off because why would you replicate more than 2 servings, or is it just because it "burned"?

14. T.D. Possum

Excuse me, J'Rulz, I'll be over here stabbing sharp objects into my eyeballs to punish myself for even THINKING of the burned pot roast again after so little time has passed . . . . but before I get started on that, I'll say that the "burnination" is the worst aspect of the pot roast. Much as the monkey was the worst aspect of "Resolutions". No, wait. That's just 'cause I think monkeys are creepy. I really do like pot roast IRL. I think I'm just going to shut up now, watch Scorey's vid again, and not drink any more coffee!

But, wait, PS: OMG! Why WOULD she ask for more than two servings? Does she have room for leftovers in her jelly fridge?!?!?!?!

15. JanewayRulz!

Are monkeys as creepy as clowns?

16. T.D. Possum

In my opinion, monkeys are far worse than clowns. The clown from "The Thaw" does get extra creepiness points, though, for being Lenny.

17. JanewayRulz!

18. JanewayRulz!

19. T.D. Possum

^ At the beginning of the Billy Joel one, it looked like Seven was going to bust out singing.

20. froot

Dear YouTube Patrol,

Cheshire accidentally just deleted all her videos. :( She is re-uploading everything, but she could probably use some views and encouragement to get the ball rolling again. :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/6845Cheshire