Doctor Who: The Figure Thread

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by The, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Demonland

Demonland Commodore Commodore

You can never have too many daleks! :p

2. Whofan

Whofan Fleet Captain

Funny thing is, the figures actually look better than the Daleks in the actual serial! The Daleks were either old, worn props, or hastily made (You can see the mold thingings at the top of their domes).

I wonder if there will ever be a "Genesis" set with the Michael Wisher-style Davros (Which is different from Terry Molloy's-Molloy's was noticeably larger and more 'jowly'). For pack-in figures, how about Nyder and Harry Sullivan?

3. Winterwind

Winterwind Commodore Commodore

@ Demonland... I think I have too many. Three of Collectors Set #1 (minus one Supreme I sold) so that's eight. One of Collector's Set #2 so that brings us to eleven. Plus the single Daleks that came with the First and Third Doctor twin-packs, which puts it at thirteen. Plus two Imperials from two Seventh Doctor twin-packs so that's now fifteen classic Daleks. Plus, from the revived series, two Ironsides, the Genetic Print Dalek, the SDCC Assault Dalek, a Red Supreme Dalek, two Dalek-Secs and now a red Drone for eight. Hmm... twenty-three Daleks for me.

@ Whofan. Rumour is there will be a set for each classic Davros story but sadly, Harry and Nyder have not been mentioned as being part of them.

4. The

The Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

WHOA! :eek: Listen man, don't be surprised if The Doctor actually shows up to destroy your toys. That's an invasion force right there! :lol:

5. Winterwind

The worst part of all of it is... I bought them with the intent of doing those webcomics I keep half writing but never getting around to finishing. If not for the intended comics, my DW collection would be one of each Doctor, perhaps a Tardis or two and some classic Cybermen and Daleks. When the day comes that I either a) do the damn comics or b) decide not to... watch for a massive sale on Ebay or some of the various DW boards.

All the money I've spent on these toys over the past few years... I'm almost embarrassed.

6. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

If it would help with your embarrassment, you could donate them....

... to me.

I'll take care of them.

7. Winterwind

Hehehe. With all the money I've spent on them... they'd only ever be donated to my kids. And we don't have any yet. So for sale they would go. Good try though. ;)

8. Professor Zoom

Nuts. *sigh*

9. Winterwind

Hmm. Just saw some pics posted of the 11th/Amy/Tardis set and I'll definitely be giving it a miss.

No electronics on the Tardis, no lights, no sound but it's the same Tardis. The speaker is on the back, the battery compartment on the back, the slot for the power switch on the bottom but... not guts. That's cheap.

The paint application on the Doctor's jacket was described as being applied by "blind kids with crayons" and it's horrid. Worst paint app ever on a DW figure.

The Amy figure is good though so unless you really really want two pieces of rubbish and one decent figure, avoid this one and hope for a single release of the Kissogram Amy figure.

10. The

I have a "Raggedy Doctor" 11th figure and an extra, un-opened Tom Baker figures I'm never going to need. Want them?

11. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Well, let me know before you ebay them, please. :)

12. Professor Zoom

Hmm.....

13. The

No, seriously. This is the Who forum. I'm not "that guy" here. I'm genuinely never going to display them or anything else. PM me if you want them. Up to you, man.

14. Winterwind

@ OmahaStar... you probably already have the ones I'd be selling off but will do.

@ The... of course you're not "That guy", you'r "The guy".

15. The

I Heart Josan. :lol:

16. FalTorPan

FalTorPan Vice Admiral Admiral

I received the "eleven pack" Doctor box set as an early Christmas gift. It's awesome.

17. Professor Zoom

Truly, thanks for the offer, but I think I'll pass...

I already have one Baker (#6) and I wouldn't want them to fight...

Actually, the truth is, I'm not a huge fan of Tom (I know, blasphemy) so it doesn't feel right.

It would be better for the donation to go to one would truly appreciate it.

Thanks though!

18. The

No prob! :techman:

19. Winterwind

Hmm. Having the Sixth will make OmahaStar happy.

And I "heart" you too, The. Now I feel all warm and fuzzy.

20. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

It's true. :)

I don't have an Eleven yet, raggedy or otherwise. I need to pick one up, and somehow procure an Eight. Paying $30+ on eBay for one figure just doesn't feel right, when you can get all eleven of them for $85 or so.