Has Ghostbusters III casting begun?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

The film has yet to enter pre-production, as Sony Pictures hasn't greenlit the script. (Hopefully, the studio never will.) Casting is little more than a Cinema Blend wet dream at this point.

3. Admiral_Young

That is what I thought myself but really was interested in their suggestion of Will Forte and Bill Hader. I am a big Will Forte fan but he doesn't seem like he could carry a new GB film. It also reports the long standing rumor that this film would be about training new Ghostbusters.

4. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Will Forte I could give or take, but I frigging LOVE Bill Hader. Him and Fred Armisen are closing in on my top five favorite SNL castmembers of all time. And I would really like to see him as a Ghostbuster.

5. Admiral_Young

6. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Commodore

Anna Faris would be good as long as she doesen't continue to play the same dumb blonde as she has played her entire career. Bill Hayder I can definately see as well as Will Forte or Andy Sandberg. I would love to see Will Arnet in the Walter Peck type role. Just a complete dick.

7. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

8. Timby

9. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I still say Paul Rudd and Elizabeth Banks would make for good Ghostbusters. Maybe Sam Rockwell.

Will Eliza Dushku's outfit consists of midriff and cutoffs? :)

10. Admiral_Young

I think Sam Rockwell could be the new version of Venkmen or Venkmen like character myself. I like that pick. Anna Faris. I've never been much of a fan of hers. I don't see the appeal. She was okay in the "Scary Movie" franchise I suppose.

11. Spaceman Spiff

My remake cast was, as I recall:

Pete: Greg Kinnear
    Ray: Patton Oswalt
    Egon: Stephen Colbert
    Winston: Alonzo Bodden

12. Admiral_Young

Steven Colbert has to be the new Egon...I don't think he'd really do it due to time restraints but that'd be bad ass. Patton Oswalt as Ray makes a lot of sense. I love your avatar by the way Spiff. That smile MUST be from the He-Man/She-Ra Christmas Special. It's the only time I can think of that old Bone Brain smiled.

13. Spaceman Spiff

Is it? Here's the original image.

Attached Files:

14. Admiral_Young

Oooooh I'm good. Yep that is from the christmas special when he's taking the two kids to Hordak and they give him a primer on what Christmas is and he gives maybe his all time greatest line..."Nice? But I don't want to be NICE."

15. Timby

Apparently, an official Sony announcement regarding the movie is coming before the holidays.

Man, there are primitive tribes in the jungles of South America, yet to be discovered by civilization, who know that this is a terrible idea.

16. DeafPoet

DeafPoet Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm not too worried. This movie's been in various stages of conception for like 20 years. I'll eat my hat if it ever actually happens.

17. Admiral_Young

I'll eat my hat if it's actually happens and it's good.

18. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll eat my hat and my socks if they don't end up using a techno version of the song.

19. Admiral_Young

I'll second the above. I wanna see the third Ghostbusters film crossover with Paranormal Activity 3 and the guys being called in to bust demon Katie. I think it is obvious that demon Katie is possessed by the ghost nanny who tried taking Baby Oscar in GB2!!! :)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010