AMT shuttlecraft - Alt Universe Style

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by FatherRob, Sep 1, 2013.

1. FatherRob

FatherRob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

http://stellarcross.blogspot.com/2013/08/tos-shuttlecraft-with-twist.html

Those of you following my modeling work know I have been working in an alternate universe of late. Here is the Clare, #1 shuttlecraft of the UES Constellation in my United Earth Interstellar Confederation universe. The model is the AMT original series shuttlecraft (25th Anniversary pop of the kit) and the decals (except for the windows, impulse engines, and door button which are kit originals) are custom to my specification by JDecals.
    The upper hull is Testors silver, the lower hull is Tamiya IJN gray (Sasebo Arsenal). Nacelle forward caps were painted white and then dipped in Tamiya clear orange. Nacelle aft caps were brushed with Tamiya metallic gray. Highlights on the nacelles and underside are in Tamiya copper and bronze.
    The final clear coat is drying now, and tomorrow it will get hung up in my daughter's room. More pics will follow at that time.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  2. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Great paint-job, super realistic.

3. Bernard Guignard

Bernard Guignard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

nicely done :techman:

4. USS Jack Riley

USS Jack Riley Captain Captain

Really nice work. Well done!

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Awesome :)

6. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I see you used the font I suggested for "Clare". ;) Interesting mix of old design and new(er) markings. Nice job!

7. FatherRob

FatherRob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yep... sure did, B.J., and it worked out fine. It doesn't look exactly like the one you did for Brendan's room, but it's as close as my limited applications could generate, and it works for me! Besides, Clare isn't any the wiser! LOL!

Rob+