Giant-Size TOS Poster Featuring Pretty Much Everyone

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Michael, Oct 21, 2012.

1. JimZipCode

JimZipCode Commander Red Shirt

Miramanee looks like Dawnstar from the Legion of Super Heroes.

2. Tallguy

Tallguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought that was pretty close to genius, myself.

No Decker is a bit of a sticking point for me. But five star for Cloud William holding the flag. Heck five star for a hundred other little things.

3. Indysolo

Indysolo Commodore Commodore

When this first appeared Dusty said if he could find 30 people interested in paying $70 for this he'd look into getting it printed. I responded to that and have been on his mailing list for this as it's happening.

Neil

4. BoredShipCapt'n

BoredShipCapt'n Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Cool. Hope he prints more than 30.

5. Indysolo

"If you were still interested in ordering a poster, a Paypal payment of $70.00 dollars can be sent to the following email address, which again, is different than the one that you received this message from. The Paypal email has a "W" in between my name-

dustywabell@yahoo.com"

6. Indysolo

And my 27x40 poster just showed up in the mail!

Neil

7. gottacook

gottacook Captain Captain

So great that both of Diana Muldaur's guest roles are represented.

8. BoredShipCapt'n

BoredShipCapt'n Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Got mine yesterday, rather battle-scarred because the stupid postal service let the tube get crushed, but still looking very cool.

9. Tallguy

And Mark Lenard's. Shatner is in there three times, Nimoy twice. William Campbell only seems to be there once.

What other actors have multiples? (Can we count Ted Cassidy?)

10. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I'm a little confused about that - the "real McCoy" is in the poster twice; no one else is (split Kirk notwithstanding).

Also, would've been nice to see some of the Commodores.

Great poster, though.

11. Tallguy

Nope, "Tholian Web" Kirk is on there.

12. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

^ ah, so he is. Now that I look again, Pike is there twice too. Though one might be an illusion...

Edited to add.... this is really a marvelous composition. It would have been so easy for a drawing with that many character to be a jumbled mess (I'm looking at you, Perez), but the composition and the perspective are just really excellent.

13. 22 Stars

22 Stars Commodore Commodore

Thanks Neil, hope there is still one left, I just sent the $.

Russ

14. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

Wonderful work, really fun to look over and see who's included.

At first I couldn't figure out the woman who is next to Adam from "The Way to Eden", but I'm guessing now it's Odona from "The Mark of Gideon".

It's a little creepy the way Bele is leering at Edith Keeler (instead of looking at Loki). :o

Finnegan looks a little like Dana Carvey. And a real kick to see Charlie holding his head (like it's throbbing), with the lizard cradled in his arm. ;)

A couple of liberties taken, though. I don't think that space tug or space station (adjacent to the Romulan and Klingon vessels) were ever in TOS...

And I'm a little bummed not to see Captain Tracey, Matt Decker, or any of the other Starfleet captains. Also... no Mr. AtoZ, Dr. Adams, Helen Noel, or a Horta? :(

15. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Horta is on there (to the right of Severin, behind Odana). I'm disappointed the rest are missing as well.

16. mb22

mb22 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The tug is from the remastered episodes ("Charlie X" to be precise):
    http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Antares_type
    The design was based on the grain carrier from the animated episode "More Tribbles More Troubles".
    http://3d.merknet.com/free/sherman/sherman.html

The space station is based on a Starfleet Command Headquarters design by Franz Joseph:
    http://www.shipschematics.net/startrek/images/federation/spacestation_fleethq.jpg

17. Tallguy

Ha! I just noticed Joe taking off his environmental suit glove! Perfect.

Interesting that he chose to use the SFHQ station rather than the Masao station thing from the remastered The Ultimate Computer.

18. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I like the SFHQ better.

19. dusty abell

dusty abell Ensign Newbie

Bro, have you emailed me about your messed up poster? I don't know because I'm not sure what your real name is here, but i'd be happy to resend a poster for you, It was sent out in pristine condition and theres no reason you should have to have anything less than that up on your wall because the post office mangled the shipping tube! Just hit me back with the specifics.
    And I'm happy to see so many of you guys enjoyed the piece, it was a blast to do, if anyones interested just shoot me an email at dustyabell@yahoo.com

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  20. tranya

tranya Commander Red Shirt

Hey dusty, I did email you about a messed up poster (sent to Sean in Indiana) and you sent it off super-fast and awesome and all that. So, if you're thinking BoredShipCapt'n is me, it's not me!

Just to attest -- my first poster came pretty damaged by the post office and Dusty was awesome and sent me a new copy very quickly. Which made it through just fine, and made me very happy. I love this damn poster. Thanks, dusty!