Does the FBI tollerate Hunters?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Guy Gardener, May 24, 2012.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm on a Supernatural Marathon, just started season 7.

Charisma and Jim in the same episode.

Planned Buffy Reunion or a freaky coincidence?

How many thousands of calls to the FBI switchboards about Hunters posing as FBI agents is the bureau going to tolerate before they trick out a taskforce to take these liars down.

So the Hunters are either going to be legitimized or penalized.

Unless someone at the top knows what's going on?

of course if hat a hunter infiltrator like a reverse Donnie brasco (Corkie Romano?) who is working against the system inside the system rather than a secret conspiracy...

"Sigh"

At the very least they should change their badges.

(Thinking... I can imagine that Teddy Roosevelt putting some checks and balances in place that still hold over to he modern day.)

2. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Didn't they show that Bobby would answer the phone to back up Sam and Dean's story?

3. Guy Gardener

Yes, if the local police ring the FBI contact number on Sam and Deans business card.

Crowly's hunters used the same methodology.

But Mayberry PD eventually has to look up the real phone number when Bobby blacks out drunk.

4. Mr. Adventure

Maybe the hacker types override the switchboard when they're in town or something? Besides these local cops aren't too bright when Agents Page and Plant or whatever come in.

5. Guy Gardener

They have a few bands they draw names from.

I noticed they were the blokes from Jethro Tull last night.

But I saw them hand over a business card to one rube, and say "Please ring our superior"

I think that Bobby has many separate phone lines, rather than a split line from a junction box, with words like FBI and Marshals written on duct tape taped to the handsets to differentiate.

Pretty sure some of them were rotary phones.

6. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, guys like Hendrickson are totally unaware of Hunters, but tolerate them once they have an actual supernatural experience. I imagine that there are a lot of people in government who know the truth and are quite happy to let random rednecks keep the monster population in check.

7. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yea, I imagine there's an unwritten rule at the Bureau that once you know the truth about what's out there, you just stay out of a hunter's way.

8. Mr. Adventure

Now I'm picturing him with an FBI cap and a marshall's hat and taking them on and off depending who he's supposed to be. :)