I'm thinking to open an Amazon store selling old robots, SciFi stuff

Discussion in 'Web Sites/Design' started by Buck Rogers, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Buck Rogers

Buck Rogers Captain Captain

Well Like the title says I'm in the next few months I'm going to open an Amazon Store online to sell old robots,and Sci fi collectibles.

Eventually expanding to have a Brick,and mortar shop carrying those products.

Any thoughts on how to go about it?

Thanks

Buck Rogers

2. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: I'm thinking to open an Amazon store selling old robots, SciFi st

Well, obviously you'd have to have the merchandise. Do you already have the stuff you wish to sell?

As for information on and options for selling through Amazon, go here.

3. Buck Rogers

Chris3123,

Thanks for kind words and suggestions.

I've go to start small first,and then we'll see where it goes.

As to brick and mortar getting the SciFi collectibles Legends in Towson MD will be my supplier locally.
    As to the robots I'm going to be in touch with the robot builder's clubs to carry thier projects in the store.
    Also will be carrying the robotics products,kits as well in the store too.

That's where my thinking is going after I land a job to pay for our bills,and mortgage each month.

Thanks Chris3123

Signed

Buck Rogers

4. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

I would say concentrate on getting a job and secure you finances first. It's going to be very hard making a profit from a brick and morter store unless you can get a place that is dirt cheap but has decent retail visibilty. The overhead running even a small store can get high so you need to be very carefull evaluating you forcasted profit/cost ratios.

5. Buck Rogers

FleetLord I agree with you,but I'm starting the business on the internet once I connect with a job it's been very hard on me,and my mother,when I lost my last position a year ago in late March early April the Amazon store I'll be launching it's free to create,but it only 40 listings to worry about,and the take from Amazon is 0.99 cents per transaction,eventually I'll upgrade in six to nine months to the second tier,which is $39.95 per month,and I can increase my offerings to 1000 products,and make additional money selling my sketchbook,and promotional items related to that venture.
    I've researched retail costs,before as well as projected sales of other brick,and mortar locations in Maryland are $15-$50 per Sqft,depending if you locate in a mall,Shopping center or strip center.
    I'm only going to have a small shop size wise 500-1000 sqft.

Thank you for your advice

Signed

Buck Rogers