X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

..... Sigh I know that. But its unlikely they would have built that same cell so early. It was built just for him.

2. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

How do we know it wasn't built in the 70s?

3. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

^Exactly. There's no reason the cell from the original films couldn't have been used before, if that's part of the character's background. At the end of the original film, I wondered how the authorities knew enough about Magneto at that point to make such a cell for him. It would seem that they've had previous dealings with him.

4. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

All they need to know is "this guy controls metal" to get the idea.

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Also we have no idea WHY he's in prison or what facility is holding him. From the looks of the rest of the stills and the fast cut trailer he obviously is either released or escapes since we see him in costume later on and he steals his helmet from the "mutant museum" or whatever that place is that Singer teased.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

7. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

The most interesting answer he gave was the one with the characters he wants to use and ones he can't mention yet. I predict he'll be involved in another film after Days, possibly X4...or something similar. Can't wait for the trailer tomorrow. It'll be online tomorrow morning at 6 AM PST.

8. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I thought it was interesting that two of the characters he did mention were in XO: Wolverine.

Well, he's just method acting to try and better resemble Patrick Stewart ;)

9. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

10. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I expected the trailer to be brilliant and so it was. Now, please movie, live up to it!

11. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Fantastic trailer.

One very small complaint: I would have liked to have a line or two from Peter Dinklage.

12. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Aww I was hoping to see a quick shot of the Sentinels, but I guess some of their FX work isn't ready yet. Awesome trailer though! I guess this one focuses on Xavier.

13. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Looks fantastic:bolian:

14. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow. Just... wow.

I'm still in disbelief this is actually happening. I never thought I would see the day where not only Bryan Singer would return to the X-Men universe, but we'd see an adaptation of one of my favorite comic-book storylines. Not to mention combining the cast of the original films with the First Class cast. The idea of seeing Stewart as Xavier, McKellen as Magneto, etc. again is pretty amazing.

As for the trailer, I thought it was quite excellent. I loved the emphasis on character, and I thought it was surprisingly emotional. It didn't have the action spectacle I thought it was going to have, but I'm sure they are saving that (and the reveal of the Sentinels) for the next trailer. It makes perfect sense to have a more character-oriented first trailer - after all, the big appeal of this movie is having the two casts together. The action and the spectacle comes second (as it should).

It's going to be a very long wait until May 2014.

15. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

I think this was one of the best trailers I have seen in a long, long time! I am thrilled about everything we know about this movie.

16. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

Didn't think I was. All I was saying is that the Phoenix storyline got screwed up about as badly as it could be, and that a DoFP movie that knocks it out of the park would make up for that. The fact that different people were involved is relevant, that's quite true.

That being said, the DoFP trailer looks good. Cautiously optimistic...

17. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, that was pretty close! :beer:

18. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Damn, didn't think it was possible, but that actually got me really excited to see an X-Men movie again.

With one teaser trailer, Bryan Singer managed to bring back all the sense of magic and wonder that had been missing from the franchise for quite awhile. Here's hoping the actual movie is able to follow through.

19. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

The trailers for The Last Stand and First Class got me excited for those movies, but then I ended up thinking the films themselves were awful...so we'll see.

20. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

That was awesome.

The only thing I'd say is we know what that 'awful future' is and why they're trying to change, but to the non-comic fans and general movie-going people seeing that, I don't think they'd have a clue what's going on.
    Still, I imagine their curiosity would be peaked though