Will Transformers 4 & 5 Shoot Back-to-Back?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Oct 18, 2011.

?

What Do You Think?

Poll closed Oct 17, 2012.
  1. Bring On Transformers 4 & 5 with Michael Bay

26.3%
  2. Re-Boot...all different producers, director & designs

36.8%
  3. Wut? lolz

36.8%
  1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=83289

Not that I am a huge fan of the Bayformers movies...but if indeed there are more...Jason Statham in a lead role instead of Shia would be interesting. If Bay doesn't direct then I'd much rather see it re-booted instead of it continuing like the previous Bayformers movies. I'd prefer Michael Bay stay away from Transformers but " Transformers: Dark of the Moon was an immense financial hit earlier this summer, reaching the fourth spot on the all-time worldwide box office list with $1.119 billion earned. " doesn't seem likely.

I personally have enjoyed the Transformers Prime show on The Hub more than these films. :borg:

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I don't care how they're lined up. Just make sure they're dead after the shots are fired.

3. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Jason Statham is an....unexpected choice.

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Bay or no Bay, they're going to keep making Transformers movies as long as they keep raking in the money. I personally dislike it when they film sequels back-to-back, because that generally leads to two movies trying to tell a story that really only needed one movie (as was the case with the Matrix sequels and the first two Pirates sequels).

5. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

There is no plot left really :rolleyes: Where the hell can they go apart from maybe a prequel set on Cybertron.

6. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Robot smashing! I'm in.

7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Jason Statham in a TF film... not sure whether I should :guffaw: , :techman: or :wtf: .

8. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

they could, if they wanted to spend a stupid amount of money, do a star-spanning adventure with Autobots on other worlds battling Decepticons before they arrive on Earth...

there's still a few MacGuffins left to use, the Golden Disk, the Key to Vector Sigma....

9. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They should just do a Transporter and Transformers crossover movie because that is what is going to look like anyways. Right up Bay's alley.

10. Silent_Bob

Silent_Bob Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They should shoot them as far away from Bay, Kurtzman and Orci as possible.

Transformers was ok, an entertaining enough film, Transformers 2 was watchable but pretty crap. Transformers 3 was just garbage however, with no redeeming features and jam packed full of stupid plots and gratuitous lingering shots of the Megan Fox replacement.

Given the choice i would have any future movies reboot the franchise, with a completely different creative team.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  11. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Jason Stratham was first brought up as a rumoured replacement for Josh Duramel who pretty much has said that he wouldn't be returning for any more films. Shia is done as well. Michael Bay I think has been quoted as stating that he wouldn't come back for a fourth film but then he's back tracked and "changed' his mind on previous statements he has made as well. It might be implausible but I'd want a "Beast Wars" film.

12. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Unicron. But I guess that was already done with Rise of the Silver Surfer.

13. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

4 could end mid-explosion where part 5 will immediately pick up.

14. Admiral_Young

I thought I read an interview from a while ago from Orci and Kurtzman who stated that they thought Unicron would be too difficult to bring into the movie universe, I realize they're not the writers of the films any more but I'm pretty sure they were asked about this. It was someone related to the films at any rate.

15. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Isn't Unicron supposed to be exactly the same in all of the divergent TF universes?

16. Admiral_Young

^Pretty much. What's your point though? They were talking scale wise and how to incorporate him into the movie universe. I'll try and see if I can find the interview.

17. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Commodore

Reboot it, keep Peter Cullen and Hugo Weaving only. Give Weaving more lines.

18. Admiral_Young

Weaving was horrible as Megatron though. Plus he's said that he's never seen the films I think he probably only did them as pay days and besides Megatron was never the bad ass he should have been in these films aside from a few moments in the first and was secondary to other villains in the second and third movie. Frank Welker should have been Megatron with an increased role. Even Bay admitted that Welker should have been Megs.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  19. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

I did all three, starting with :wtf:

20. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Only 2 ways I'd see these:

1) No Michael Fucking Bay.
    2) Unicron.

The choice by Shia Lebouf not to participate is a solid decision on his part and saves us from his "acting". Besides, he's probably run out of ways to scream "Optimus".

This franchise needs new blood attached to it, Michael Bay really fucked these movies up in the worst possible way. These were not good movies by any stretch of the imagination. Period. They were just cool action with non sensical plot, horrible acting and pitiful attempts at humor. As someone who grew up with Transformers when they came out, it was nothing short of embarrassing.