Niners Unite...around Babylon 5! - The Lost Threads

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Neroon, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Anthony Sabre

Anthony Sabre Commodore Commodore

And Now For a Word. That was great. Unique premise and great acting by all of the cast. Seeing the Narn and Centauri cruisers square off was awesome. Made me want to reactivate my EVE Online accounts. The commercial for the PsiCorps took the cake though. Had to rewind three times and hit slo mo to finally get the little message.

2. Phily B

Phily B Commodore Commodore

Legend of the Rangers was fucking awful, jesus christ. It was like watching an episode of Power Rangers.

3. Smiley

Smiley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Legions of Fire trilogy is awesome! It makes for a satisfying bridge between "Objects at Rest" and "Sleeping in Light," and it answers so many lingering questions. Most importantly, it focuses on the always compelling Londo, Vir, and the rest of the Centauri.

4. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

I finally remembered to get these lyrics down for you all:
    It's Just A Tv Show Lyrics (written by: Bill Mumy)

[All]
    Please tell us that you know
    It's just a TV show
    Please say that you can see
    That really isn't me

It's just a TV show
    It's just a TV show!

[Andreas]
    It's just a job we do

[Mira]
    We love and hate it too

[Claudia]
    We crawl out of our beds

[Patricia]
    Yeah with lines inside our heads

[Bill]
    Please, please, tell us you can see

[Peter]
    It's not real, it's TV

[All]
    It's just a TV show!

[Andreas]
    Yeah, that's make-up on my face

[Mira]
    I don't really come from outer space

[Billy]
    Don't be alarmed now that's not a laser gun

[Patricia]
    You can change the channel if you don't think it is... fun
    We sit around and wait

[Claudia]
    We get home really late

[Peter]
    We learn our lines, we hit our marks
    We deal with lawyers who are sharks

[Mira]
    We stumble home, we wash our socks
    Have to clean the litterbox

[All]
    It's just a TV show!

[Bill]
    It's not a real robot and that is not my dress

[Andreas]
    Don't get mad at me, I didn't cause an intergalactic mess!

[Claudia]
    And not that it matters, see the future isn't here

[All]
    After working 14 hours we would rather drink some beer!

[Instrumental]

[All]
    It's just a TV show!

[Instrumental]

[All]
    Please tell us that you know (please tell us that you know)
    It's just a TV show (it's just a TV show)
    It's just a job we do (it's just a job we do)
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, we watch it too (yeah, yeah, we watch it too)

It's just a TV show!
    It's just a TV show!

[Instrumental]

Wow...!

5. Lateralus

Lateralus Commander Red Shirt

6. Neroon

:lol: - thanks for finding that link. I had ripped my file off of the CD itself.

7. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Watching DS9's "Bar Association" now, Brunt just promised to end the strike "by any means necessary."

That probably raised some eyebrows the first time around....

8. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

It's a quote you're going to find associated with Malcolm X more than anything else in the United States. It comes from the play Dirty Hands (remember the Battlestar Galactica episode by that name, dealing with, oddly enough, unions).

I've continued reading the first Techno-Mage book. It has been surprisingly slow-going. I realize from the back cover blurb of book 2 that this is where Isabelle buys the farm, but I don't see (as of page 220) her and Galen being the great lovers they're supposed to be yet (although the contagious laughter they exhibit while learning to cook Breen does help).

I love the little details about techno-mage biology, and some of the bits and pieces about the rise of the Shadows. Morden's cameo was interesting.

9. Anthony Sabre

Just finished The Long, Twilight Struggle. Things are really heating up. One aspect I appreciate about B5 is its ability to build suspense. Suspense is built almost masterfully. DS9's approach was more to suddenly drop something major on you and leave you to deal with it. Can't wait to see how this season ends. I'll probably finish disc six tomorrow.

I said I was only going to watch one episode a day but that's gone out the window this season. :D

10. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

Oooh..."Comes the Inquisitor" is next. That's one of my favorites.

Jan

11. Mal

Mal Commodore Commodore

12. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I just finished the first book in the Technomage trilogy. It was slow going for about 50 pages, but then it really ramped up the action and never looked back. I wouldn't have painted Elric was one who wanted to fight the shadows from what I remember of him in The Geometry of Shadows. This puts that episode in new light (I imagine the next book will do that even more).

I complained that they didn't establish Isabelle and Galen as lovers early enough, but it turns out that works to the story's advantage. And the betrayal by Elizar was a surprise (as was Morden's appearance afterwards).

And I'm certainly interersted to know what Morden meant when he said that the technomages were "already one of us" (I may be paraphrasing). Good read.

Grade: B+

13. Anthony Sabre

Haven't posted in awhile because I've been caught up in the Star Trek Online announcement. I'm well into season 3 and just finished up Point of No Return. This is some damn good storytelling. I'm wondering if the martial law declaration is going to go farther then DS9 took it. As far as DS9 should have taken it maybe. And I can't shake this feeling that something ominous is in store for Ivanova. Her voice over in the opening now is what first got me thinking about it. Time will tell.

14. Mal

Mal Commodore Commodore

"damn good" is something of a massive understatement. i'm pretty sure i'm not alone in saying this is as good as it freaking gets!

[kosh]yes[/kosh] :evil:

15. Anthony Sabre

I just finished War Without End 1 & 2. I'm stunned. Talk about epic. That was some of the most intricate story telling regarding temporal mechanics that I've ever seen. And it was done so well. The stakes were so high that I couldn't even look away while watching; afraid I'd miss something. I'm tempted to stay up the rest of the night and finish the rest of season 3 straight thru but I'm going to savor it.

Kosh's death was a shocker. Talk about misdirection. When he told Sheridan that he would pay a price for Vorlon help.... Just one question: why did the Shadows wait until then to kill him? More reason than just a plot device I hope.

16. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

Notice how the battle that the Vorlons joined was the first time we saw the Shadows and Vorlons have any direct interaction with each other? Interesting, isn't that?

Jan

17. Anthony Sabre

One episode left in season 3 now. The allied fleet battle against the Shadows was breath taking. The scene with Deleen and Sheridan embracing in the aftermath well depicted the cost and sacrifice needed to achieve victory. I find myself a bit disappointed with the soap operaish return of Sheridan's wife but I'm guessing the story line around her will be a good one.

You were right about Koenig. When I see him now, I see Bester. A very interesting character too.

18. Neroon

That next episode closes with one of THE most powerful soliloquies I have ever heard, regardless of genre.

19. Anthony Sabre

Just finished In the Fire, the ending to the most epic war I've ever seen on television. The only fictitious work I've ever seen that rivals this would be the Foundation trilogy, and even that only effected humans. This was way out there. What I found interesting is how the Vorlons represented themselves to Sheridan when trying to force him to choose their way. A transparent barrier on the outside and human on the inside.

I like the fact that this appears to have been resolved prior to the series finale. But I read the synopsis' for season 5 and see another war is just over the horizon. Looks like the final season will deal with conflict not from without, but from within, as the main characters square off against each other. Should be fun to watch.

20. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

Good for you. A lot of folks used to think that the Shadow War was all the show was about. There are still stories left to tell, that's for sure.

Jan