Arrow - Season 2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agent Richard07, Oct 7, 2013.

1. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Its funny, it must be how they "shoot" Arrow but Amanda seems so tall, imposing while Naevia seemed so small that to be imposing she needed a sword half her size. :vulcan:

The reverse is true for Katrina Law. She seemed taller in Spartacus than in Arrow.

As for Manu... putting him into a suit made him look dapper but you had no doubt that Crixus could tear him apart. But put him in his deathstroke (minus mask) outfit and you realized this was a big guy, so stay on your side of the street! :eek:

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  2. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I suspect he has slept with Amanda.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

She did it to control him.

He did it because his penis ordered him to.

Pretty standard really.

4. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd like to see Ollie end up with Felicity, but it's gotta be earned, and he's gotta retire from crime-fighting in the process. Also, I'd like it if the series ended with him doing both those things. I didn't give a damn whether Bruce Wayne lived or retired or died in TDKR, because Nolan never made me care for him as a character, but I do like ol Ollie Q.

Now, can the gang get a dang dog already?!

5. Guy Gardener

No, because they'll name him Quiver.

6. Gaith

Felicity deserves a German Shepherd, dammit! Especially since Digg's fatherly duties will reduce his ability to guard over her. :p

7. Guy Gardener

Felicity and Diggle are now unemployed?

Diggle's baby is going to need a nanny who is also a trained CIA assassin, before mum and dad feel like going to work.

Of course, it is now that I am wondering if Oliver has been on ARGUS's payroll the whole time, not that they have been giving him missions, but he is probably on contingency so that means that there's a numbered bank account somewhere collecting massive monthly cheques.

8. Alidar Jarok

Both are far more employable than Oliver, I would think. Although I'm a little confused because he still seems to be majority owner in a company whose stock just rose.

9. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Very enjoyable season finale. Glad we rid of Isabelle. I like Summer Glau, even though she isn't a stellar actrice. But in Arrow, she just got on my nerves.

Some good closures, some good openings for season 3. I liked how things became full circle and Slade is basicly marooned on the island again. Glad he's still alive though, because I really love Deathstroke.

Oliver/Felicity..... I don't ship, I never got the point. But I can see the attraction for both of them, why they could love eachother. Thing is, I think Ollie just isn't capable of actual love anymore. Him and Sara.... It was both a blowoff valve for both, and a reminder of things they were once capable off, and maybe one day could again. But not with eachother. It was a way of feeling alive during a time when they couldn't find something like that with anyone else.

Det. Lance.... Can't wait to see what might happen there. Is Lance part of the comics? Does he have something in his future that I, as a non-comic reader might not know?

As for Ollie and ARGUS.... I don't think Ollie was part of ARGUS all along. I think that for whatever reason they took him off the island, it ultimatly didn't work and they marooned him there again. Perhaps even in the very same jail they left Slade in, and that's how Ollie knew about it. I also somehow can't shake the feeling that Ollie ending up on the island wasn't a coincidence in the first place and that his father might have something to do with ARGUS.

Sara.... I need Sara back. I can't stand Laurel. At first, I thought it was the actress, but my girlfriend is into Supernatural and swears the actress was so much better in that show. So it's probably just a very poorly written character. Here's to hoping they do something more with her in season 3, something actually interesting.

Speaking of.... I like Thea, I really do. And I can understand how and why she felt betrayed by everyone for the last 6 episodes or so. But right now, I need some more development for her as well. So again, hoping they do something interesting with her for season 3.

All in all, for a series that I thought was going to suck quite a lot, Arrow has proven to be one of the most entertaining shows I've seen in a while, with characters I really like and a plot that makes me want more. I really hope season 3 will keep me hooked as much I have been sofar, because serialised TV has gone down the drain in the last few years.

10. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Not directly but the first time he was arrested, his full name was given as Quentin Lawrence Lance and it was suggested in here that it could be a reference to the character "Larry Lance" who appears in the comics.

Just taking a quick look at wiki entry for the series and it says that Lance is based on the comic book character.

11. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

I remember him saying a year sometimes in the first few episodes of the season, but thought it had been in the context of him having been on the island for a year by that point in the flashbacks. That never sit right for me because it certainly didn't feel like he had been on the island for year when the Amazo showed up.

12. Alidar Jarok

I think there was a potential pause after Fyers was defeated, but I could be wrong. That being said, I got the impression of six months, not a year. Although, if the plan is a five season show, it would make sense to do a year on the island per season.

13. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I wonder what they'll do after season 5 when they can't use island flashbacks anymore.

14. Alidar Jarok

Don't they have a planned end date? If not, I'm sure they'll slow down the pace of flashbacks to spread it out.

15. Fist McStrongpunch

Fist McStrongpunch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Flashforwards to the future where he's got a full-on goatee and a Robin Hood hat and is a member of the Justice League with Superman and Batman.

16. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Time travel. Sure, maybe he was on the island from 2007-2012, but that doesn't mean he only spent five years there.

17. Gaith

As awesome as the flashbacks have been, and they have, I could see them no longer being necessary at some point.

That said, the producers have said they intend the series finale to end a flashback with the first scene of the series - him getting found and off the island - as a bookend. Unless they decide not to do that, they could definitely slow the flashbacks down, as my understanding is they have indeed been more or less on the same pace at the present-day story so far.

18. Guy Gardener

Flashbacks don't have to happen in chronological order, and besides, haven't you seen the final episode of season 2?

It's possible he only spent a few months on the island.

19. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Larry Lance was Black Canary's boyfriend and later husband. When he dies, Black Canary leaves the JSA and joins the JLA ( also switching Earths) She hooks up with the Green Arrow and they've had an on/off relationship ever since. Later the older Black Canary was retconned to be the current BC's mother and Larry was her father. The original BC, being a product of the 1940s, was quickly becoming a "Mrs. Robinson" for the ever young Green Arrow.

20. Guy Gardener

So if Amanda and Oliver were fighting dirty for ARGUS 4 and a half years before he "officially" got off the Island, maybe even before she was top dog there... This brings into question how Diggle "really" joined the Scoobie Gang.

Diggle may think it's an accident, but Oliver could have been manoeuvring him into his bosom for years before they met as far as Diggle knew.

Which is really, really, really Batman.

(Of course this raises the question about how innocent the acquisition of Felicity Smoke had been.)