Nimoy, Quinto - Spock Comparison

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by VeryCherry, Jan 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic
    I don't believe you, my friend, and now I am unofficially going to kill this thread.

Cheers.

2. VeryCherry

VeryCherry Ensign Newbie

You can't kill the internet!

3. VeryCherry

VeryCherry Ensign Newbie

I'm sad that the film was just a lot of action and visual effects, with very little story and character development. It didn't make you think, or leave you on the edge of your seat. Just another run-of-the-mill action film with some Star Trek throw-back lines and visual tossed in.

[I think that this thread has been resurrected enough times, now. This post wasn't even close to being on topic, and the re-iteration of the "bubble nose" crack a few posts down tells me that this is being maintained mainly as a private place for VeryCherry to take swipes at Quinto for daring to take the role originated by Nimoy. We're done. Closing. - M']

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2009
  4. Tikkun

Tikkun Lieutenant Red Shirt

Clearly you are only psychic about important issues:techman:

5. VeryCherry

VeryCherry Ensign Newbie

His nose took up the whole screen. Bubble Nose.

6. Tikkun

You know, it usually would both me - but considering an AU from before the movie starts really takes care of it for me. This isn't the TOS universe, or the Mirror one - but it's a universe where there were at least subtle genetic differences in these people who are fundamentally the same as the TOS people.:vulcan:

McCoy has brown eyes, Kirk has blue. Voices are different, movements are probably different - though Nimoy used to keep his mouth open a lot , too.:) So - I can assume a history that can have differences - and could somehow also have Spock Prime much like ours.

It's called rationalization - but it works great for me. Then I'm intrigued by small and large differences rather than annoyed. I never did buy Robin Curtis as Saavik. What can I say?:rolleyes:

7. Tikkun

I love it - I will probably spend have the night looking at it in fact!!:drool:

Prime Spock looks older and wiser - but they are similar in most feature - nose and mouth look good. Most of the differences in the eyes. I'd chalk it up to the fact that TOS Kirk was 35 and Spock was 39 according to Roddenberry. These guys are younger.

No - haven't seen the movie yet, so I'll see how it works for me in action on Sunday morning.

8. commodore64

commodore64 Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought Quinto looked very much like Spock. As for the acting ... I didn't think it was as good as I would've wanted. But admittedly, Quinto has a tough act to follow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.