Another "Wonder Woman" show now in early development

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Chris3123, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Being developed by CW.

Link

Eh, I liked Smallville, but I'm not too fond of the concept in general. I think I'm beginning to appreciate David E. Kelley's WW a bit more now.

2. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

The horror.

3. Methos

Methos Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

ugh... god no...

I honestly don't see Wonder Woman doing well on either the big screen or smaller screen... she's just not a hero I can actually see in Live Action shows properly...

M

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm curious. I would love to see a show focused on a female comic book superhero. Since WW is one of the most recognizable, and has a history in live action TV, it does makes sense that she would be the most likely to get a new show. The fact that the writer has a history with comics, and WW already makes me a little less nervous about this than I was about David E. Kelley's version.

5. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Didn't NBC think about doing a WW show last year too?

[​IMG]

6. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

It depends. If we're talking about a Wonder Woman in her early 20s, I think the idea could work, since that's kind of emotionally where she's at when her story begins anyway.

But if we're talking a 15 or 16 year old WW, then ugh, no. I don't really have any desire to see that.

7. Methos

Yup... wonder woman does fetish lol

the costume was hideous... the writing was atrocious, and the pilot was one of the worst i've ever had the misfortune of seeing...

i'm quite happy it never got off the ground

M

8. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Why is Warners/DC is trying to copy everything Marvel does now?

First Avengers is a huge hit, Justice League is quickly annouced.

S.H.I.E.L.D is announced as tv show, now they are trying to rush a WW show onto the CW?

:sigh:

9. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

I suppose it all hinges on how well Arrow launches.

I fail to see the connection.

The proposed shows are completely different, and, as suggested, the WW series would be a lot closer to a previous CW series.

10. Methos

to be honest, i'd rather see DC actually work on some of it's lesser well known characters for TV shows...

A show about Hellblazer, John Constantine... not the movie version, that was atrocious, but the one from the comics would be amazing... it'd sort of be a cross between Supernatural and Tomb Raider...

Or maybe a series dealing with Dr Fate... which could be equally as dark and mystical...

M

11. Methos

To be perfectly honest, i'm expecting Arrow to fail quite spectacularly...

The Aquaman pilot actually showed some real promise, but died a death quickly as well :(

M

12. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

This is Warners. They don't care about anything EXCEPT Batman and Superman. :p

13. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, had it actually aired it might have done OK.

14. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Aquaman is a joke character though thanks to Super Friends. I'm still not sure it would have lasted more then one season.

Archers seem to be the IT thing right now with Hawkeye, Katniss from Hunger Games, and Pixar's Brave. The CW might as well strike while the iron is hot.;)

15. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Constantine, yeah, that could be good. Get someone dark and broody played by an Ian Somerhalder look-alike, and that's right in the CW's wheelhouse.

The CW will do this show for the young female demo, maybe with some young male demo crossover since theyre getting ambitious lately. So adjust your expectations accordingly. Whatever its faults, at least NBC would have maybe done a show for grownups.

16. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Nah, you need a Gordon Sumner lookalike.

17. Methos

agreed there...

Constantine is blonde, unshaven, speaks with a strong Liverpool accent, and chainsmokes Silk Cut cigarettes... oh, and he's a pure, unmitigated bastard lol

M

18. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

So, Keanu Reeves then? :p

19. Methos

John Constantine's thoughts on that...

[​IMG]

M

20. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, the Justice League movie idea was out there before the Avengers film came out, but the effort failed. And as for TV, Arrow is about to premiere, which is long before the SHIELD is announced. Could it be said that Marvel is copying DC?

Besides, DC has long had a better record on the small screen, especially with live-action shows. I'm looking forward to the Wonder Woman idea and I hope the pilot gets the green light. The Smallville approach is fine with me, if it gets a Wonder Woman show on the air and brings in new viewers like Smallville did. Hopefully any new show won't shy away from Wonder Woman's comic roots and bring in many of her villains, etc.