NFL Football - 2008-09 Season Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Singletary is a strong proponent of a run-centric offense, and he and Martz have clashed throughout the season over Martz's pass-happy offensive philosophy. It was reported by several outlets that Singletary was happy to accept the permanent slot as head coach, but only if he were allowed to fire Martz and hire an offensive coordinator of his own choosing.

2. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Not that things can't be improved, but... they must have worked SOMEthing out if they won 5 of 7 where Singletary was head coach. Still, that'd be a heckuva burden to struggle throughout traingin camp AND an entire season butting heads.

In other news, the Chargers runnign game is just carving up the Broncos defense, no matter who has the ball. Tomlinson, Sproles, even Hester.

3. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    The Birds really did break Romo today.

This victory was more satisfying than the time the Eagles sacked Aikman 11 times at Texas Stadium on Monday Night Football. Reggie White was awesome in that game.

4. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm going to start this off by saying one calm, rational thing. This was Denver's game to lose. Considering that all they needed the past two weeks was a win to secure a playoff spot, and they failed at that, the pressure was entirely on them tonight. Now, for how I really feel.

WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!???!!?!? I'm trying to be patient with Cutler. I realise that he is a high-risk, high-reward player. I know that he is going to throw more interceptions based on how he plays, but also be more successful than most. But any other fucking quarterback would have been benched weeks ago with that many interceptions. Again, he may have more success than most because of that risky behavior, but when his defense has the stopping power of a pack of crippled kittens, he needs to take care of the ball and get that son of a bitch into the end zone.

With the exception of Bailey, Bly, and Dumerville, I don't want to see any familiar faces associated with the defense next year, including coaching staff! It is absolutely rediculous that they stopped a TD on only two drives, and prevented a score on only one drive. They need to get more turnovers, they need to stop plays, and they need to prevent the big plays. Nearly every single drive that SD had tonight had at least one monster play in it. Denver needs a monumental shake up in how their defense operates because this season, and especially tonight, they were worse than worthless sacks of garbage. When they have a QB who takes risks, we need a team that is capable of stopping the other team when those risks end badly. Hit for hit games don't work well when you drop a couple hits back. I want the Orange Crush back. I want the Browncos back. I want anyone who is remotely capable of playing defense in the game.

Denver Defenses had the most success over the years when they were blitzing the QB. More blitzes would probably go a long way, especially now that they have Bailey back. Also, the reason Dumerville was scary was because he was always there flying at the QB. Stop using him as a "stick him in on big plays and hope for a sack" player. Use him as the "Get your ass out there and sack the fucker every single down!" player that he was last year!

The receivers need to learn how to hold onto balls. Denver was near the top of the NFL as far as number of dropped passes go. The only thing more frustrating than an inaccurate QB? An accurate QB who has butterfinger receivers.

Of course, if Denver had won the game last week like they should have, then they wouldn't have been in this position. What a pack of fuck-ups. And so begins thew wait for next season.

I hope Manning rapes the Chargers in that first game.

5. JM1776

JM1776 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It may be rational, but it's not right. If both teams come out and play their absolute "A" game, the Chargers win.

That said ... it was incredibly satisfying to watch Denver go down that way, after they were awarded the first game against San Diego via acutely incompetent officiating.

Justice was absolutely served last night.

6. Neroon

Is it my imagination, or is San Diego getting healthier? LT looked more like his old self, as did Antonio Gates.

7. the 4th hanson bro

the 4th hanson bro No one can resist my Schweddy Balls Admiral

Bly's about as worthless as tits on a boar. He makes Darrent "toast" Williams (RIP) look like a pro bowler.

And if they had beaten the pathetic Chiefs who were winless at the time or if they had beaten the Raiders at home it wouldn't matter. But if my aunt had a dick, she'd be my uncle.

[​IMG]

8. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Well, the heads are rolling now. Crenell, Marinelli, Mangini...

Now let's get to Haslett as soon as possible.

Oh, and yes it was great to watch Denver and Dallas soil themselves with playoff berths on the line. That lifted my spirits just a bit, as did seeing New England go 11-5 and miss the playoffs while 8-8 San Diego is in.

:techman:

9. Neroon

And to think ... none of the NFC divisional winners from last season even made the playoffs this year. :lol:

10. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Let the predictions begin. The 2009 NFL playoffs are here. NCAA take note this is how a champion is crowned with little to no discussion about "who deserves it".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Neroon

You know.... there's going to be a heckuva lot of attention paid to the playoffs. Why not start a separate thread?

12. the 4th hanson bro

the 4th hanson bro No one can resist my Schweddy Balls Admiral

my thoughts exactly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.